FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

logitech webcam not working

b2b
hi guys! When i try to launch my webcam through MSN or other programs i get an error message saying "camera is in use by another application" and it wont work. It used to work fine. I also noticed my Windows Media Player wont play movies anymore. Not sure whether this is all related to windows update installing latest version of WMP or another update. But cant figure it out. Any ideas?? Question
Naif
Try uninstalling then reinstalling the drivers for it
Kestrel
b2b wrote:
hi guys! When i try to launch my webcam through MSN or other programs i get an error message saying "camera is in use by another application" and it wont work. It used to work fine. I also noticed my Windows Media Player wont play movies anymore. Not sure whether this is all related to windows update installing latest version of WMP or another update. But cant figure it out. Any ideas?? Question

For you WMP, you probably need to just get the newest codecs for it.

For the webcam not working, you may want to make sure you have no trojans or virii trying to access it.
b2b
Thanks. Where do i go to get free codecs??
webbone
I think you must to reinstall your cam driver! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
You can test other im software,if other show error like this,You can reinstall the driver!
KHO
Logitech is a good company with good products, if their product isn't working, then l would say it is a User-Side-Error Neutral so, first make sure you don't have spyware, viruses, trojans, etc. if you can't do this yourself, DO NOT HIRE THE LITTLE KID DOWN THE LANE!!! l don't care how much any of your friends, neighbors, or relatives think they know about computers, if they don't have at least A+ certification, dont let them touch your computer Neutral if you do, you can turn a $20-$50 US charge to lets say $80-$140 US an hour, and most likely a totall loss of all data resulting from a mandatory re-formating which would have been avoidable if the person knew what they were doing w3hen they messed with your computer.

Now, after all of that, look in task manager and see if there actually is anything using it Neutral if there is something really obvious that should not be running, close it. Simple as that, the most harm l've ever seen anyone do from closing a windows process through that, is that they have to re boot, no big deal, XP usually even shuts down normally Neutral

Now, if none of this helped at all, and you do have the latest drivers for it, then look for your warranty, and send it back in. Sometimes hardware fails, no big deal to the manufacturer, they will replace it and send you another one. Simple as that, as long as you have the warranty anyway Neutral
b2b
Thanks KHO for that. Actually i know theres nothing wrong with the logitech camera coz i have another 1 and used it on this computer and that doesnt work either. So i know it's software. As far as WMP goes, where can i go to get free codecs? Any ideas? Thanks
vic_msn
Yes my cousin is also having some problems with his logitech cam.Do one thing uninstall the cam software and drivers and plugout and restart and once again plug it in and use inbuilt XP drivers for it.XP drivers is sufficent for web cams