FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

All! Fantasy special:d

darczeku
I love fantasy [The Lord of The Rings]
and ma favorite [POLISH!Very Happy] fantasy is The Witcher:d
rip8fan1
Fantasy is great - there are many books to choose from!

The Xanth series from Piers Anthony is wonderful and is up to about 25 books in the series.
DragonLance and Forgotten Realms novels are pretty good too.
carriage_return
You should try Chris Claremont's Chronicles of the Shadow War. It's loosely, and I mean loosely based on the movie Willow. What I mean is the characters have the same names, if that, and a few events are the same. Otherwise, I wouldn't really say it's "based" on the movie. Either way it's a really good series. Also excellent, and possibly my favorite, is the Terry Brooks Word/Void trilogy. I loved it, and so far the few people I have recommended it to (who have actually read it), also loved it.
gagabepp
Anybody read "Eragon" by Christopher Paolini? Though they`re his very first books, the two already-existing parts are r e a l l y good and describe a very detailed fantasy-world.
gagabepp
Or, of course, the books taking place in the continent Zamonia by Walter Moers: These books are fantasy that΄s actually a parody of the existing world, highly detailed, richly illustrated by the author and excellently written.
MaCkk
I know what you mean, I also like The Witcher, but only as a good adventure book. I really like George R. R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series, F. Herberts Dune (more sci-fi, but still a bit fantasy Smile ), Terry Goodkinds "Sword of Truth" series. Tolkien too, but only Silmarilliom, LotR was a bit boring and The Hobbit (IMHO better then LotR), was a bit too fairy tale. Almost forgot, every Terry Prachett's book is a work of genious, its funny (both as a book and a parody), intelligent, and a good read, easy enough for every one.

Cheers