FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

xbox 360 DISAPPOINTING so far

allriddims
I am really disappointed with the xbox 360. I knew it wasnt as powerful as the ps3, BUT after seeing some of the games i am really not impressed. The games graphicaly wise dont look much better than the ps2 or xbox itself. I was lookin forward to this system and towards the game madden nfl 2006, after seeing the preview i was stunnnned by the graphics but when the game came out it was in my opinion was a big disappointment with the graphics not lookin half as good as the preview( the preview was prerendered Cool )dont these guys know what impact their FAKE gameplay previews have on the gamers especially when it doesnt match up to the real thing??
the_furious1
The answer is HD!!!!
I played NBA Live 06 on XBOX 360 and the graphics are amazing when it's a foul or something when the close-up of some player is shown, but when you are actually playing the game the graphics are not that spectacular. On the other I played some racing game on HDReady TV and the graphics were super I mean I was stunned!!!!

The Answer is High Definition!!!!
rip8fan1
I'm glad I did not buy a 360!!

I don't know about the rest of the U.S.A., but here in Central Indiana, if you did not buy one on Launch Day, you haven't been able to buy one since - except through Ebay, etc. I think that is pathetic!!! The Games are $60 and there are not that many of them, but there are THOUSANDS of accessories you can buy!

I'll wait for the release of the PS3, and then I'm sure the price will drop on the 360 (if they have any to sell by then).

I have the 'old' Xbox, and I really am disappointed with it also! I should have known that since it was from Microsoft, it wouldn't work extremely well, but it would be successful!
KungFuChris
allriddims wrote:
... in my opinion was a big disappointment with the graphics not lookin half as good as the preview( the preview was prerendered Cool )dont these guys know what impact their FAKE gameplay previews have on the gamers especially when it doesnt match up to the real thing??

Strangely enough, from what I've heard, the marketing side of things is switched around for this console.

The PS2 relied on prerendered marketing material and demos to push itself forward, which worked pretty damn well, whilst the X-Box used some simple action shots that didn't generate quite as much hype, despite the specifications.

Now this time round the 360 has used prerendered, while the PS3 is using in game.

Poor old Microsoft just can't seem to make anyone happy!
indeedwrestling
Let's not forget the design problems which have led to a lot of XBOX360 machines overheating and blanking out. That's definately a serious start-up issue and bad press you don't need or want in this console war!
nakamaru
Man do you guy know ANYTHING about game system launches?!? Few developers jump into the ring and in the beginning and the ones that do don't know how to utilize the potential of a system's graphics. As time goes on, developers will get better at using the 360's full power and games will get better. For example...take a PS2 launch game and look at the graphics. Then put in a recently released game. You'll quickly see that it takes developers a while to learn how to program well for a system.

As for prerendered...PS3 E3 showing. Nuff' Said.
n0obie4life
Is it so difficult to see sticky topics?

http://frihost.com/forums/vt-11627.html

-close-