FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Why Doesn`t Nvu Run on My Computer?

Kashinilaya
I downloaded Nvu 1.0 from www.nvu.com to a computer connected to the internet, running Windows XP. It was a +7Mb zip file. After unzipping it I tested and it worked fine (that is, I didn`t need to install Nvu, just to unzip it, and actually I didn`t see any install file). I then spanned the zip file in floppy disks and took it to my computer (which is not connected to the internet), running Windows 98 SE. After unzipping it I couldn`t start Nvu. It opens a weird screen with some text spreaded onto it (not much text) that looks like Html code on a coloured background. I transfered the files (through floppy disks) three times, to make sure that it was not caused by corrupted files, but got the same screen and no Nvu running.
Does anybody have an idea of what the problem could be? Could it be that this Nvu version doesn`t run on Windows 98 SE?
Metaguy
Sorry buddy, I really cant say. If you want a browser, try FireFox. Its great!
wumingsden
The problem is it probably doesn't support such an old version of Windows. I've seached the Requirements for you at NVU but this doesn't tell you much. Has Windows 98 SE and a Compatibility Wizard like XP ? If so then I suggest try and run this.
darczeku
Nvu doesnt support w98...I think older version suported it...
You must use windows XP/ or install older version
[but meybe newest version can support it?]