FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What about some metal music, huh?

karysky
Hi,

I just watched some wonderful live video of Rammstein in Berlin...

They are incredible!

Before knowing them, I hated metal music. I still do, except for Rammstein. Why do I like them so much? It's because the singer sings, really sings... he doesn't yell and scream at the top of his lungs for the sake of yelling. And their lyrics are very poetic and meaningfull. It's the first time a music band moves me that much. And that's saying something because I love music ! Honestly, it's the fist band that makes me enjoy more than 75% of their songs!

Anyone saw them live and can tell me about it? I want so badly to see one of their concerts but they rarely come in Quebec Sad

Please, tell me about it ! How did you find the experience? Or are you, like me, still in wait for them to come at your town? Crying or Very sad

For those who do not know them, I suggest you listen the song Sonne, which is the first one I heard and enjoyed. They have all kinds of songs, such as Onhe Dich, which is a pretty slow song.
n0obie4life
moved to music Rolling Eyes
Helios
Double topic.

Delete this one =O
karysky
Euh how did it happen lol

How do I delete this one ? Confused
H3LL5P4WN
karysky wrote:
It's because the singer sings, really sings... he doesn't yell and scream at the top of his lungs for the sake of yelling. And their lyrics are very poetic and meaningfull.

Do you speak German?

If so, you might not think the same way about Rammstein's lyrics. I don't know a lick of German, but I've read some translations/interpretations. Even though some of the lyrics would make a nun feint, I think Till has a very strong voice.

That being said... I don't listen to half the 'metal music' that I do for the lyrics. And even then, some of the most beautiful stuff out there is played 900 miles an hour, or screamed until vocal chords bleed.

[edit] I fogot to answer your question.

Rammstein won't be coming to your town. Or any town for that matter, not for a long time at least. After releasing Rosenrot, the band are on a 'break'. After a while, they're going to reform and see where things stand.

I did get to see them in 1998 on the Family Values Tour, and they put on a helluva live show.
karysky
I read translations too, and they use a lot of metaphors.

What appears to be said sometimes have to be deepen to get the meaning behind the words.

I've read interviews in which they explain the meanings of their songs and I found them interesting.

Of course there are non sense songs... but most of them aren't.

I think Wink
H3LL5P4WN
You do know the story behind Mein Teil, right?
karysky
Yes of course, it's a true story of a man who ate the genitals of another man...

They did not invent it, they sang about it..... I actually really like the video clip of that song.

Maybe I'm a bit crazy.....
H3LL5P4WN
Yep, a man in Germany placed an ad on the net to kill and eat someone.

Someone responded, and they shared his 'sausage' before he was killed and finished off.
Vader
karysky wrote:
Hi,

They are incredible!

Before knowing them, I hated metal music. I still do, except for Rammstein. Why do I like them so much? It's because the singer sings, really sings... he doesn't yell and scream at the top of his lungs for the sake of yelling. And their lyrics are very poetic and meaningfull. It's the first time a music band moves me that much. And that's saying something because I love music ! Honestly, it's the fist band that makes me enjoy more than 75% of their songs!

Anyone saw them live and can tell me about it? I want so badly to see one of their concerts but they rarely come in Quebec Sad

Please, tell me about it ! How did you find the experience? Or are you, like me, still in wait for them to come at your town? Crying or Very sad

For those who do not know them, I suggest you listen the song Sonne, which is the first one I heard and enjoyed. They have all kinds of songs, such as Onhe Dich, which is a pretty slow song.

In my opinion metal music is not only yelling and making noise but it's MUSIC, at least that's the idea.
Metal is a very generic word...
It's like saying "Rock". Theese words give a preliminary description of the kind of music, but then you have different subcategories
If you listen to a song by Rhapsody, Dream Theater or Stratovarius and then to a song by System Of A Down. They are both "Metal", but they are completely different!
I like metal with a melody, not only noise.
A great group, in my opinion, are the Iron Maiden. They make music that fits perfectly into the word "metal", even in their lyrics, but they make MUSIC. Try listening to Dance of Death or Fear of the Dark
H3LL5P4WN
I understand what you're saying. I generally tell people I'm into Metal, Punk, and Hardcore.

I don't break it down into subgenres unless I know I'm talking to someone who is 'in the know'.

For example, I like:

Industrial Metal (Rammstein, Fear Factory)
Death Metal (American [Cannibal Corpse] and European [Katatonia])
Melodic Death Metal (In Flames, Children of Bodom)
Thrash Metal (Old [Metallica, Slayer] and New [God Forbid, Shadows Fall])

See how nitty-gritty things can get?
SunburnedCactus
Few of my friends truly appreciate Technical Death Thrash. Philistines.
Kill_em_all_666
karysky wrote:
Hi,

They are incredible!

haha I like Rammstein, but im pretty sure theyre not the only good metal band out there...and not all metal "scream at the topo oh their lungs for the sake of yelling"...ex: Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Metallica, Black label society, motorhead, dream theatre, megadeth...etc.

If you like metal...but dont like the ones that has screamin in them...listen to power metal =)...but not with harsh vocals like COB...yes people COB is power metal believe it or not
karysky
Okay, well, maybe I'm prejudiced against metal music...

I'll try to listen to those bands you suggested!

Thanks!

Yesterday, I read an interview of Paul Landers, one of the guitarist of Rammstein, and he said that he was pretty sure that there would be a North America tour soon, for the new album Rosenrot.

I keep my fingers crossed!