FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

FlyAkiteOS/X -- Anyone heard of it?

d722002
Has anyone ever heard of FlyAkiteOS/X? It turns your PC into a Mac. Kinda. Makes it look just like one. It also does some cool registry hacks, like alphabetizing the Start Menu every time you use it, and removing the 2-download limit from IE. Try it! I want to hear what everyone else thinks about this thing.
Official Site --> Http://osx.portraitofakite.com
non-official --> http://www.flyakiteosx.com

The official site is under construction right now, i think you can get it from the non-official.
fayettemat
yea i've heard of it and used it but my dad made me remove it Sad it was cool to but now i have the real thing!
kenetix
never heard of it but the screenshots look pretty good, maybe I'll try it later
Kd527
Yeah i have it on my windoze PC and it's pretty good. It changes (safely) the icons and boot screens etc. Mixed with ObjectBar, WindowBlinds and RKLauncher, you can have a decent looking skin there. Smile
Dino
i looks great, but i prefer more real OS X in front of modified windows Smile
cheeta
kenetix wrote:
never heard of it but the screenshots look pretty good, maybe I'll try it later

me too think that.... but it can never replicate the original thing.... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
lineagetoday
it's far from like having the real thing!! very far.. but looks very nice!! It has all the featuers you would want for a PC lookalike mac and is definately a better alternative to all those window blind type skins.. (take up memory).. o ya

non-official --> http://www.flyakiteosx.com IS A THEIF!! This guy at one point in time claimed that he created the flyakite and stolen the name, credits and everything and submitted it to many many download sites like download.com etc and linked it to his own site without crediting anyone!!

recently the actual creator emailed him and now he has 1 tiny line saying that he is not the creator!! what an a hole lol!!! and he gets money off of all the adds on his site!
Dino
i installed win, and tried flykiteosx it looks beautiful like real osx Smile
engalex
good man
Laughing Laughing Laughing
leodv
Cool way to skin and imitate MacOS but i suppose need quite a great hardware performance needed for replacing the original windows shell for that.