FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How many of u using ObjectDock/ WindowBlind?

leat397
How many of you using these kind of softwares furnishing your Windows?

Let's have some sharing here. Very Happy
foggy
I don't use any commercial theming software, why would I when I can do the same thing myself by patching the uxtheme.dll to allow for non-Microsoft styles, and then applying one of the many great ones out there.

I'm drawing a blank on the name of the style I have installed, but there are many listed on http://deviantart.com

I would suggest this route to anyone, but that is just my opinion. To each his own.
asmiller08
I used to use WindowBlinds, but I ended up disabling it because it took too many system resources and was causing my computer to take forever to boot up. Maybe they've changed it, so I might give it another try, but for now Im using the WinStyler built into TuneUp Utilities. It's not great, but it works.
kuad
In the brief time that I tried Windows Blinds and various Stardock software I didn't find it that useful. Too much eye candy eats up system resources.
d722002
I just use it when people come to see my computer. I make it look like a Macintosh.
pudovkin
d722002 wrote:
I just use it when people come to see my computer. I make it look like a Macintosh.

HAHAHAHA Nice one!

I used to have ObjectDock. But I moved to a notebook and I don't have more than 1GB RAM, I uninstalled.
I saw the dock in a G4 (1.5GHz, I guess) and compared to the performance in my Pentium M 1.5GHz: than, I'm anxious about the MacIntel... hehehehe
Talk2Tom11
I use a combination of stardock applications to make my laptop look like a Mac. I like the mac look but not the actual operating system. I find that having the bar on the bottom like mac, is much easier then the windows start menu.
Indyan
I use window blinds.It is very light and beautifull.v5 is just awesome.I also use cursorxp and icon packager.
alkutob
I gave up using it ,it slows the pc