FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

GW_Addict
Change the link on the page that says 'Profile' to take you to view your profile, not edit it, and they add a link to the view page (where you can see your points, posts etc.) to edit it.

I have my view page bookmarked. As this page had the post info and point info, it is always the most important page to watch and use. Editing my profile on the other hand.... well, I have never had to do this yet....

Thanks!
ocalhoun
Or perhaps vice versa, have a link to view the profile from the edit profile dialogue.
Besides, I like it when people actually use their profile, It lets you know a little about them and where they're coming from when they post.

Also, an easy link to view your profile is available:
In the part of the index page that says who's online, click on your username.
Marston
GW_Addict wrote:
Change the link on the page that says 'Profile' to take you to view your profile, not edit it, and they add a link to the view page (where you can see your points, posts etc.) to edit it.

I have my view page bookmarked. As this page had the post info and point info, it is always the most important page to watch and use. Editing my profile on the other hand.... well, I have never had to do this yet....

Thanks!
Why?
dark_one
Well, I always used to click profile on forums expecting to see my profile, not edit it, but now that I, and most other users, are used to this system, it'd just confuse us... Wink

Good idea, but bad idea...
GW_Addict
Marston wrote:
GW_Addict wrote:

Thanks!
Why?

The why would be because the most frequently used links should be the most accessible. As I mentioned, viewing your points etc is something I would think is more commonly done that by editing your profile. Its a usability thing....
GW_Addict
ocalhoun wrote:
Or perhaps vice versa, have a link to view the profile from the edit profile dialogue.
Besides, I like it when people actually use their profile, It lets you know a little about them and where they're coming from when they post.

Also, an easy link to view your profile is available:
In the part of the index page that says who's online, click on your username.

Yes -this is a good idea as well. The problem with going to who is online is that the list is often long enough that you have to spend some time searching.

The "Account" link however is very prominent, and very accessible on every page. I guess my frustration comes from having something as useful as your profile information not readily accessible and instead having a link that I would think would logically tie to your account being used by text that says "Hosting request status: Your request has been accepted. Please check your pm for your hosting details."

Instead I have a bookmark to my profile, where I always start from in order to reply to the posts I am active on etc.