FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Looking for accounting software

KungFuChris
Hello, I was wondering if somone might be able to help.

I'm hoping to set myself up as a sole trader in the UK sometime in the early months of the coming year. However, my opening budget is limited and I'm trying to keep costs down where ever I can.

Further to this, I was hoping that someone may have come across some cheap, or more preferrably free, software that would be suitable for use alongside a small business?

Many thanks for any help you can give.
Naif
http://www.download.com/Business/2001-2010_4-0.html?tag=dir

Have a look at the "Business Finance", "Inventory Systems", and "Personal Finance" subsections.
KungFuChris
Thanks, Naif.

I was kinda hoping someone else may have gone through this and found something suitable to save me the effort, but I'll plough on through and see what I can find.

I'll be starting off small enough that a manual system will likely be enough for a good while anyways, but it would be much easier to have everything in place for when/if I start to expand.

In the meantime I still have to arrange an appointment with my bank's business advisor and at the local business centre as well to get some advice on putting things together, so I've got a few months to get things organised yet.