FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What would you prefer?

Paragon
Which do you think would be better? Game A or Game B.

Both games would be able to be played through a browser. Game A would be a turn based strategy game... you would be able to choose a starting army with X number of units that you would use to face off against another army. The twist is that you could download unit packs that would have say 10 units in them, units would range from Very uncommon, common, uncommon, rare and very rare, each unit pack would contain say 5 Very common/common units 4 common/uncommon units and a rare/very rare unit. Each unit would have a point cost to add to your army and diffrent abilitys/statistics the max point value of your army could be chossen before the game starts and game play would be similiar to alot of the minitures games that are played in real life, obviously with some computer enhancments to make play less complicated. (also what about if each booster pack came with a half a "game board" which would be combined with an opponets half "game board" to create a full board so that you are playing on home ground vs away ground)

- or -

Game B which is a space sim, where you could desgine your own space ship from like the chassis up (or use game credits to "buy" a prefab ship), plus designe weapons for your ship and it would be a persistant world where you could mine for ore, or collect raw matarials or process those materials or fight in arenas or sell ship designs or work as a mercinary to protect convoys from mobs or do some pvp... plus you could land on planet surfaces and do diffrent quests or jobs on the surface etc. etc. basicly a mmorpg involving space sim that you played through the browser and the way the thing worked is that everyday you could give your ship(s) (because you would eventually be able to control multiple ships) orders throughout the day and at a specific time each day the server would go through and issue those commands to each ship (so that everything kind of happens at once while making it so you don't have to be there 24 hours a day).

Those two are pretty much my two main game ideas (although i want to create one with a High magic western theme) What do you think about them and which do you think would be better and do you have any suggestions for features or do you see and serious flaws?
ocalhoun
These sound like great ideas, game B would be better, I'd say.
Will they be integrated with forum.
A simular thing is being beta tested in Aki Forums
It's a generic RPG roleplaying game.
jarcelao
i also like game B. it sounds way better than game A.
CMA
I'd have to say game B as well. The idea sounds a lot more original that the first one.
Revvion
Yup game B sounds a lot better to me2 mostly because i haven't seen many of those around (or was it none??)
CMA
Revvion wrote:
Yup game B sounds a lot better to me2 mostly because i haven't seen many of those around (or was it none??)

Eve Online is pretty much like that one, but it's Pay to Play.
jeffleo
Game "a" sounds like MK turned into a browser game. LOL. Or Warhammer, whichever you like better. Game "b" doesn't sound original.

No particular choice. Smile
Nameless
I'd say Game B, on the basis that game A would suck. Anything where your 'units' are gotten randomly is stupid, annoying, and pathetic in my opinion. Now Game B on the other hand doesn't exactly sound very creative at all, but to be fair it would be pretty fun if you could pull off a good, detailed enough game.
doug hines
Nameless wrote:
I'd say Game B, on the basis that game A would suck. Anything where your 'units' are gotten randomly is stupid, annoying, and pathetic in my opinion. Now Game B on the other hand doesn't exactly sound very creative at all, but to be fair it would be pretty fun if you could pull off a good, detailed enough game.

random units means you have to be able to use them intelligently

game a sounds fun for single player
game b sounds more mmo~ish

i vote a