FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The World Of Anime

TonkPilz
I have bean surfing around frihost for a few houers now and ther seem's like ther are lots of ppl that likes or loves anime but havent found one singel topic that whas dedicated to anime in general so whoop her it is:P

in any case i have bean following naruto for... what is it now 2 year's lol and still going will ther ever be an end to this series.... Confused its not my fav anime and i dont know if i can just pick one so... emm hers a few of my fav's for ya!

onagi teacher, onagi twins, neon genesis etc, Hellsing, triniti blood, and lots lots more
and the fav's of anime movies
akira ofc, ghost in the shell, steam boy ,olmost all Studio Ghibli,

and lots lots more

in any case im always on the hunt for more and new anime be it series or movies. And in my experience the best why to find new GOOD stuff is to ask and listen too what other ppl likes so basecly my quastion is what is ur favourite anime series/movie's

fav = favourite Razz for u ppl that dident figure it out Very Happy
Scaramanga
I'll add a few of my favourite anime titles:

On DVD
RahXephon (far superior to Evangelion, IMO)
Last Exile
SaiKano (If you can watch this without crying you are, quite frankly heartless.)
Tsukihime, Lunar Legends
Ai Yori Aoshi (and Enishi)
Scrapped Princess

Still in Japan
Bleach
Shuffle!
Air
Kimi ga Nozumo Eien (Kiminozo)
Blood+
Mahoraba
Futakoi Alternate
To Heart/2
Yakitate! Japan
Fanfiction Child
Some of my favorites include:

Rockman.exe (Megaman NT Warrior in English)
YuGiOh
Bleach
Magic Knight Rayearth
Fushigi Yugi
TonkPilz
Last Exile
Scrapped Princess
Kimi ga Nozumo Eien

i liked thes also culdent remeber them tho. Scrapped Princess is at my top 10 anywhy i have about 185 diffrent anime (Tv.ova.movies,ect) all in all some are still unrelest in European country's most of em on dvd bla bla donno i shuld probebly stop all thes anime fanatic s*it .... Naaaaa
sunrise
I'm not into anime, but I like Naruto and Bleach. But, since Naruto has gone into the boring and horrible world of fillers, Bleach has been my favourite for a while now.
kuad
I'm not really into anime series since I have virtually no acces to any, but I've just seen Cowboy Bebop The Movie which has gotten me interested in the series even though it's kinda old. Anyone seen the series?
JaeCee
All-time favourites:
Bleach - getting a bit draggy though
Witch Hunter Robin - the absolute best.
Evangelion - philosphical soup.
Ranma 1/2 and Vandread - cute.
Trigun and Cowboy Bebop - Semi-serious comedy action fun
TonkPilz
kuad wrote:
I'm not really into anime series since I have virtually no acces to any, but I've just seen Cowboy Bebop The Movie which has gotten me interested in the series even though it's kinda old. Anyone seen the series?

Yeah i have seen the series and its 100% better than the movie.
the movie culd actualy be a longer ep from the series i recomend that you see the series
SilverDogg
yea i love anime =)

the latest series i finished watching (with my girlfriend) was gto and sexy commando. two very very good series ^_^

my favourite serie is trigun of course, no better series to be found anywhere Wink.

but, right now, im following naruto (somewhat anyway) and sometimes i look at g-on riders =).
DarkAngel
My absolute favorite series(until I get a new obsession) is Saiyuki! It is GREAT. XD
Some others are: Tsubasa RC, Azumanga Daioh, Hana-Kimi, DNAngel, Full Moon wo Sagashite, Loveless, and to a lower extent Gravitation amd Fruits Basket(it's really dragging.)
I'm the type who likes shoujo over shounen series, and manga over anime as you can see from the favorites list. ^^
Scaramanga
TonkPilz wrote:
Last Exile
Scrapped Princess
Kimi ga Nozumo Eien

i liked thes also culdent remeber them tho. Scrapped Princess is at my top 10 anywhy i have about 185 diffrent anime (Tv.ova.movies,ect) all in all some are still unrelest in European country's most of em on dvd bla bla donno i shuld probebly stop all thes anime fanatic s*it .... Naaaaa

Good call on all those series'! I'm especially looking forward to the day when (hopefully) Kimi ga Nozumo Eien gets licensed for R1.
aloSegun2
I don't know... i like Naruto and all that adventures/action series like hunterxhunter, saint seiya, dbz, etx...there are tons of good anime out there, we just have to search,
Dragate
ANIME RULES! in general, anime jsut rules, from emotional to action, anime is just realy great. Naruto, bleach, fma, helsing, cowboy bebop are my favs and really do rock... for all media dl's (epis, or soundtracks, go to http://www.realitylapse.com) for naruto, go to http://www.narutopub.com
Sappho
Yes i am goin to repeat it, ANIME simply rules even thou its not about the graphics or the style its about how they manage to pull it all together, story, mood, tension, sound and ofcourse the gfx. its the creators vision i like. I think if they will create a normal movie i would go for it too.

Oh and some of my favs? RoWL, Hellsing, Vampire Hunter, GiTS, GiTS Innocence, NGE, Ninja Scroll, Kenshin, Samurai Samploo, Kite, Animatrix and many others. Smile
Quake
Anime is DEFINATELY the BEST!! You get all sorts of diffrent series, like action, emotional ones, funny ones, ocasionally ecchi ones - for all u anime fans out there u know what I mean Very Happy . Anyway as for my favorite series. Hmm, that would be too many to list. Rerely do I see something that I do not like or cant relate to in some weird way. But I really liked Uninhabited Planet Survive and Tsubasa Cronicle - of the stuff I saw recently. Right now working on fansubbing some stuff. Guardian Hearts 1 and 2 - Look for it in the future Wink .
boringest
yes...been watching it for 4 years now...started with Evangelion and couldn't stop...it seems that currently the ones worth watching are only Bleach & Naruto & probably Blood+
pallida_mors
Who doesn't love anime? Very Happy

This is my roster of my all-time faves

X/1999
Chobits (CLAMP has so many good animes)
Jigoku Sensei Nube
Bleach (this is very cool! I love this anime very much!)
Detective Conan (the best sleuth anime I have seen)
Akazukin Chacha
Ghosts at School

there's so many of them, actually...

Wink
driftingfe3s
Another anime fan here.

Right now I'm watching Shakugan no Shana, Noein, Paradise Kis, Solty Rei Bleach and Eureka 7.
kazoe
honestly, i dont appreciate naruto at first but when my friends bought some episodes and make me watch it, well i'm hooked. im impressed on the unique story and i like the characters. i know in some people, the length of the story is tiring but its ok with me, i just treat is as an animated novel, hehe.

Here's some best shows i think there is

Trinity Blood
X/1999
Evangelion
Nadia: Secret of the Blue Water
Howl's Moving Castle
Laputa

hmm.. there are other excellent titles but i think i've forgotten already. i'm into japanese real show series lately, the likes of Gokusen (the real people one, not the anime)[/code]
tsukiyuuki
When it comes to anime for me, I really like most of the series in the mainstream right now (such as Naruto, FullMetal Alchemist, Cowboy BeBop, Yu-Gi-Oh!, etc), but I also like some that are less well-known and downright obscure. One of my all-time favourites is A Wind Called Amnesia, but I've only met one person other than the guy who let me borrow it who's heard of it.

My current list:
Naruto
FullMetal Alchemist
Prince of Tennis *fangirls the Golden Pair*
Hikaru no GO!
Yu-Gi-Oh!
FAKE (Yum, manlove)
Anything CLAMP
Anything Miyazaki/Studio Ghibli (*fangirls over Howl and Haku and Pazu*)
A Wind Called Amnesia
Perfect Blue and Millenium Actress (Ah, the wonderful mind-killer Kon Satoshi-sama...)

My issue is finding the subbed version of the series, because the dubs often blow chunks or mangle the dialogue. (See: dubs of Cardcaptors and Yu-Gi-Oh!)

I'm having a horrendous time right now trying to find a subbed version of Yu-Gi-Oh! (the one shown in North America, I already have the first series that will likely never be shown here). If anyone out there has a link to where I could download/buy English uncut subs, it would be greatly appreciated...
angputter
Anime Freakin Owns!
I love Gundam Animes!!!
Naruto, Bleach, Reload, Ghost in a shell, Full metal Alchemist...... Tons more

i cant belevive i even liked FRUIT BASKET OMG!
helk
Has anyone ever seen the whole urotsukidoji series?

Thoughts?
Scaramanga
tsukiyuuki wrote:
...I also like some that are less well-known and downright obscure. One of my all-time favourites is A Wind Called Amnesia, but I've only met one person other than the guy who let me borrow it who's heard of it.

I'm guessing you haven't met many older anime fans. This is a classic show that was originally released in Japan in 1990. I think I probably saw a subbed version on VHS around '94, if I recall.

tsukiyuuki wrote:
My issue is finding the subbed version of the series, because the dubs often blow chunks or mangle the dialogue. (See: dubs of Cardcaptors and Yu-Gi-Oh!)

OK, for CCS, there are two versions, Cardcaptors, which is the dubbed version that aired on TV, and Card Captor Sakura, which is the uncut subtitled version. With YuGiOh, FUNimation has only released the first 3 discs uncut and subtitled so far. I assume there is just a bigger market for the dubbed show because they've already released 33 DVD volumes of that. Oh and if you want to buy those first 3 uncut discs, you can go here or here (look for the discs that say UNCUT or UC.)
troyinator
I never get around to watching new series because I'm lazy. Well, lazy to try new series.

However, quite frankly, it's all about the DBZ. I don't care how much people complain about repetition, DBZ is like a Kung-Fu movie, but in a series. That's hardcore. Plus, it has superspeed and explosions. Take your mechs and your drama, I'll stick with my random screaming and golden hair.
Ryuukei
Anime rules because most animes tend to have a plot that's more serious that the "OMG she's pregnant!" soaps.
A few of my faves:
    Azumanga Daioh
    Cowboy Bebop
    Cromartie High School
    FLCL
    Fruits Basket
    FullMetal Alchemist
    Gunslinger Girl
    Rurouni Kenshin
    Samurai X
    Slayers
    Slayers Next

And the movies:
    Ah! My Goddess: The Movie
    Ghost in the Shell
    Kiki's Delivery Service
    Knockin' On Heaven's Door
    Laputa: Castle in the Sky
    Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
    Princess Mononoke
    Spirited Away

And angputter, what's wrong with Fruits Basket?
Revvion
I really like anime these are my favorites:
Full Metal Panic
Full Metal Alchemist
Elfen lied
Samurai 7
Ghost in the shell movie 1
Ghost in the shell movie 2
Ghost in the shell Stand alone complex
Ghost in the shell Stand alone complex 2nd gig
yu-gi-oh
gundam seed destiny
helk
Yes, i really really enjoyed FMA,
and FMP + FMP Fumoffu.

But i really love a few of the smaller animes too!

Like FLCL which is just so freaking nuts that it's cool,
and Azumanga Daioh... which is just cute and funny!

One i absolutely loved and think everyone should watch is School Rumble. Very Happy
Bloody unreal show. Sweet and funny.

And i have to admit i loved maburaho. Razz
emiruss
i love Japanese anime so much~
and i also love the seiyuu~
My favourite seiyuu are Ishida Akira and Okiayu Ryotarou~

there are lots of my favourite anime:

Evangelion
Angel Sanctuary
Gravitation
Bleach
Trinity Blood
Saiyuki
Saiyuki Reload
Saiyuki Reload Gunlock
Mushishi
Haruka
Meineliebe
Naruto
Getbackers
Black Jack
Conan
Castle in the Sky
Monster
Trynityque
Yes, anime does rock! my site for it http://trynityque.bravehost.comI would have to say my favourites are-

Angel Sanctuary-the manga was beautiful, although the OVA was way too short)

Bleach- it's my newest obsession!

GetBackers-although it's storyline was a bit off, i like the way it was drawn, and the characters were cute.

Inuyasha-it was my first big step into anime...haha...*looks away*

FMA-this series is great, i love the little guy! the manga's good too.

Naruto-i only just started watching the anime, but i've read the manga, and it seems really good.

There are lots more...i cant think..oh well.

Hey, is there anyone out there who hates the english dubs of some animes? because ive seen some english dubs...the voices sound like pokemon and dbz...and sonic...so the whole anime kinda gets ruined.
Scaramanga
Trynityque wrote:
Hey, is there anyone out there who hates the english dubs of some animes? because ive seen some english dubs...the voices sound like pokemon and dbz...and sonic...so the whole anime kinda gets ruined.

I find this kind of ironic. You DO realize that the Japanese VA are using annoying voices and have bad acting too, right? People seem to think this is just an American phenomenon, it's not. That being said, there are good English Dubs (Hellsing comes to mind, as a fairly popular series that has a decent dub.)
Sphaerenkern
TonkPilz wrote:
Last Exile

Me too! I love Last Exile! Smile
takashiro
anime?? Is the word brought from Japanese? あにめ?