FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

server down again?

Hunterseaker
is the server down again? my site and forum are down
pls tell me if it is due to the server or something with my account
and when you gonna start that notify service that everyone get notified when the server is down, its anoying that i don't know whats the cause of the failure
Bondings
It isn't down, the load was just very high for a few minutes. It should be back to normal now.
Hunterseaker
yes it is,
thnx for the quick reply
and is there gonna be a notify service very soon?
Marston
Hunterseaker wrote:
yes it is,
thnx for the quick reply
and is there gonna be a notify service very soon?
I believe the 'notify service' is called a forum. Very Happy
ocalhoun
For short downtimes like this, a notification service is superflous, but for longer downtimes an E-mail or PM would be nice.
Bondings
Yeah sorry for the short downtimes. The http://cp.frih.net/ through port 80 to access DirectAdmin isn't working at the moment and I'm trying to get it back up. Wink

Edit: it seems to be working again. Very Happy
bogden
i've only been a member for like two months now, but still i would like to take this opportunity to say that the uptime seems to be very good here. which is bonus, on top of the level of service provided for the amount of posting. i've tried another paybypost service, and you had to post 2-3 times as much as here, and got slightly _less hosting specs. it sucked, so i'm back to stay Smile
eliasr
our site have being down for 2 days now. ofcurse it could be because of high load. a bit sad. i just hope it will get up soon,
babumuchhala
eliasr wrote:
our site have being down for 2 days now. ofcurse it could be because of high load. a bit sad. i just hope it will get up soon,
My dear friend. A 2 Day downtime might have called for disaster. There might be something u have done wrongly to make it inaccessible.
mstreet
Hi, sorry to add to this but I'm not able to get to my site or ftp, or directadmin, I just want to make sure it's not just me. cuz it's been down for a day or so now as well

Thanks
jstoeffler
yeah, the same thing is happening to me, but i just got my site today. do you get this message?
Quote:
Hey, it worked !
The SSL/TLS-aware Apache webserver was
successfully installed on this website.
mstreet
I don't get anything at all it doesn't find the site
jstoeffler
oh, i just cant get onto the ftp
Bondings
jstoeffler wrote:
yeah, the same thing is happening to me, but i just got my site today. do you get this message?
Quote:
Hey, it worked !
The SSL/TLS-aware Apache webserver was
successfully installed on this website.

http://jstoeffler.frih.net/ seems to be working fine for me. I can see a part of your website.

Quote:
oh, i just cant get onto the ftp

It really should be working fine at the moment.
jstoeffler
what do you get when you go to http://ftp.jstoeffler.frih.net?

edit: i think it's just me cuz i'm a noob and i just got my site today
jstoeffler
wow! i'm really stupid. i didnt know you had to use your own ftp program.
sorry
Daniel15
jstoeffler wrote:
wow! i'm really stupid. i didnt know you had to use your own ftp program.
sorry

It's alright Very Happy I guess it's a learning experience if you've never had a website or used FTP before Very Happy
eliasr
babumuchhala wrote:
eliasr wrote:
My dear friend. A 2 Day downtime might have called for disaster. There might be something u have done wrongly to make it inaccessible.

sorry. i dont get a f of what you mean... it just the high load, it normaly break down at... 10 -13 gmt+1 and then is it up again, nothing is done wrong my friend
menhao
hey, guys, your discussion seems interesting, can you tell me the problems on server will effect any access to database? Thank you.
Bondings
menhao, you are on a different server. Also, there are currently no known (big) problems on both servers. Everything should be working fine. If you can't see your site, then it's most likely a caching issue.

-locked-