FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

C&C genral

ahmad`
uplay it?
ithink its take u to real war
what do u think?
XeononyX
Generals is indeed a great game if you dont have the Zero Hour expansion pack ... you're missing out. USA laser general is my weapon of choice. Im the master of the wall! Laser Turrets are by far the most superior form of defense.

Play defense, then drop your Particle cannon asap using your MOAB, cannon, and all available "free" offenses you can lay a hurtin pretty quick.

Knock out as much money as you can, for example if you cant get a oil well, blast it ASAP you will eventually run em outta money.
theerawate
It seem who use nuclear is china but the real world USA use it .
XeononyX
We haven't developed the particle cannon yet, but when whe do the little nuclear missles will be inferior Muwahahaha.
miztiik
one cool real time game scenario

one never gets bored playing this game with so many patches available
XeononyX
The Alpha-Aurora bombers for USA superweapons rock! especially after the new patch they made them black they look like lockheed bombers now. Drop a bomb in the middle of a pack of infantry dudes and watch people fly around.. ohh good times Smile
FriBogdan
It's a good game and i don't think it will ever happen something like that in the real world (i hope Razz)
schumway
anyone able to get this working peer to peer?

have both PCs set up for DMZ over the internet and both PCs have windows firewalls turned off and virus scanners turned off.

says connection timed out.

course both PC's are natting though firewalls but DMZ'd to the PC.

we can play on the server, just not peer to peer
the1991
I own it, but I never really got into it. I've always been a bigger fan of CC Red Alert 2 and Starcraft. I love the old school.
xkobram
Good game, especialy ,MP, but SP is too boring
m_furquan36
Great game i love it..takes a bit to get used to but when you get the hang of it you can go on and play it for ages at a time....the campaign mode is also pretty cool along with the whole general thingie in the expansion pack.
Yjaxygames
XeononyX wrote:
We haven't developed the particle cannon yet, but when whe do the little nuclear missles will be inferior Muwahahaha.

I actually find the particle cannon the worst super weapon.
1. Nuke
2. Scud Storm
3. Particle Cannon

I like C&C Generals but there is not a real strategy. The beginning is hard, but when you keep building and you survive the first part you'll get a large army and you blow away yuor enemies.
That's a bit boring, but with the expansion Zero Hour, challenge mode is really fun. Good AI with challenges and the generals are using their advantanges (like camouflage) way better than in skirmish.
ForceRun
Never tried Peer to Peer sorry, just play in through the online servers man. Generals rocks, and there is a lot of stragey once you stop playing the cpu and get some real players in the game.

I'm looking forward to the in C&C coming out, they just released another game play trailer: www.fileplanet.com

Also if you liked this game you will love Supreme Commander coming out soon, it is from the old TA days, but a new game that will totally rock!!!

Lastly there are a bunch of WWII RTSs coming out, check out War Front, and Company Of Heros. They look to be sweet too! Great time to be alive!!!
XeononyX
Quote:

I actually find the particle cannon the worst super weapon.
1. Nuke
2. Scud Storm
3. Particle Cannon

Heh .. I meant in real life because nukes and scud storms already exist :p

But in game wise you are right the nuke is by far the best. The good thing is the particle cannon's pinpoint accuracy. You can effective knock out their power every time with one if you plan your attack correctly. Then if you are powered up and ready to go you can immidately follow up a MOAB and and A-10 Strike then they are usually done ... send in a handful of Hum-Vee's with rocketlaunchers and tow hooks and it's pretty much game over.
unknown
This game is fun, and seems real.
I think it is in my top 5 list.
I think my favorite side is the us LOL
it makes you use your brain
mongoose41
Yjaxygames wrote:
I like C&C Generals but there is not a real strategy. The beginning is hard, but when you keep building and you survive the first part you'll get a large army and you blow away yuor enemies.
All Westwood games are like that. Blizzard is the master of real time strategy!
QrafTee
XeononyX wrote:

The truth is that the game depicts the Particle Cannon as an inferior weapon to the Nuke (though barely when you see how effective it is in certain situations), HOWEVER it is a cleaner (thus "good) version of the superweapons (others being the "dirty" nuke and the SCUD missile storm which is even more "dirty").
mattchun
C&C reminds me of childhood times, really.

My first pc game is C&C Red Alert, it was a fantastic game at the time!
exarkun
mongoose41 wrote:
Yjaxygames wrote:
All Westwood games are like that. Blizzard is the master of real time strategy!

Yup, I agree, but some Westwood games are also very good and graphics well designed. For Blizzard entertainment, I like WarCraft 3 the best!
mongoose41
exarkun wrote:
I like WarCraft 3 the best!
Yes, Warcraft 3 is one of the best games in existance. But Starcraft still has more strategical gameplay than 98% of RTS's (including Warcraft 3). All of Blizzard's games have at least 2 (warcraft 2 expansion only had 2) private/public magazine or website awards. Westwood can't do much against this. Plus, Warcraft 3 has the absolute best map editor in existance!
XeononyX
mattchun wrote:

Ohh a young one! My first real-time game was Warcraft (not 2 or 3) and I was in highschool then! My first game I bought was "seventh guest" for a 486 computer Shocked
infernic
mattchun wrote:

Red Alert was an exelent game at the time it was released!
It also reminds me of childhood times! Very Happy
vivaprint
China is too powerful but if u know how to use USA..... China is nothing...

I love USA aircraft "Raptors" they r good againts tanks.... but the China MIG is great againts infantry...

GLA is also good
schumway
if you install the mods can you still play other people online?

If you are playing the mods and you are in a ship... what happens with land based games?
XeononyX
schumway wrote:
if you install the mods can you still play other people online?

If you are playing the mods and you are in a ship... what happens with land based games?

Not sure quite what you are asking. What are you Modding?.. thats a good place to start.
eLto
In my opinion easily the best strategy game for multiplayer to this date. The graphics are good, the units are great, and the variation of Zero Hour is kick-(insert obcsene word for butt here). Every LANparty I'm at we play this in contests.

(was thinking of writing more, but it seems to be all covered already)
Klaw 2
its a great game i like the super weapon general, if you have snipers your almost unbeateble, super weapon general and laser are about the best ones.

Online playng is very cool but it is a shame you cant do "no superwapons" and you cant adjust the tech level.
hack_man_
I kick donkey (think alternatively) when I am playing Air Force General. Has anyone here played one of these weird modded ones? Like Zero Hour Unleashed, or Generals Reloaded. They are kinda cool, but it is not easy to play online as so few people have it.
reddishblue
Fun as, just today i annyalated the GLA as the USA, i love blowing up angry mobs, so much fun Laughing
amusic
It is an very old game but I like it very much. THe graphic is great and the gameplay is fantastic.
ForceRun
Well, as a side note, isn't a requirement to speak English. Lets get better post going guys.

Generals rocks, nothing to do with real war but it is still a fun game to play.
V3N0M
i love this game and it is soooo much fun but i have to admit i get my butt kicked everytime i try to play it but it is still fun!