FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What is NUKE php?

ericbobson
Hi all,
Someone recently tried to 'nuke' my website by posting the words "nuke php" and "cL0g" in my guestbook... I'm not sure about what these things supposedly do and whether or not they worked on my website (which has since disappeared off the face of the earth...

Can anyone help me??

Ericbobson
Stubru Freak
What is 'nuking a website' supposed to mean?
And he can't make your website disappear by typing something in your guestbook...
maxim
Scripts can enventually affect forums/guestbooks, but simple words posted on forums can't normally affect them. If your website has been hacked, these words were maybe a test exploiting a security fault, or a signature of the hack. cl0g may then be the hacker's psedonym. Php is probably your guestbook script language. Nuke php are just words.
maxim
Ps: Did you mean php-nuke ? That's someting else...
Grimboy
You seem to be very confused. PHP-Nuke is a CMS.

Either that or you have a very badly written guestbook.
JustaMin
Stubru Freak wrote:
And he can't make your website disappear by typing something in your guestbook...

Actually he can if the code is vunderable to the right SQL injections. (not that this looks like an SQL injection attempt though)
Stubru Freak
JustaMin wrote:
Stubru Freak wrote:

Actually he can if the code is vunderable to the right SQL injections. (not that this looks like an SQL injection attempt though)

That's what I mean, of course you can try SQL injection, but you can't make a whole website completely disappear by typing nuke php.
Naif
maxim wrote:
Scripts can enventually affect forums/guestbooks, but simple words posted on forums can't normally affect them. If your website has been hacked, these words were maybe a test exploiting a security fault, or a signature of the hack. cl0g may then be the hacker's psedonym. Php is probably your guestbook script language. Nuke php are just words.

I agree with him. I too feel he was trying to say 'nuke the php language'.