FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Starcraft

Reaper
Starcraft is definatly one of the best mass war games out there, also it was made by blizzard who have made several of the best PC games ever created. Though I'm a bit disapointed in blizzard at the moment, they keep on promising that they will be making a Starcraft 2, yet they decided to do an expansion to World of warcraft first. BTW for those of you who dont know Starcraft ghost for the council IS NOT starcraft 2. so any opinions on this? or other online stratagie games?
GranMastah
I agree with you, Starcraft is the great game. I especially liked option to raise and move your buildings,which I have never seen before.
NuniPio
ive neva stopped playing this game ever since i got it..the fun neva ends
ocalhoun
In my opinion, if a starcraft 2 ever does come out, it will almost certainly be worse (as far as gameplay is concerned) than the original.
It would also depriciate the original by providing major competition.
Starcraft 2 might just kill starcraft 1, and then die itself.
Just stick with the original. (brood war expanison is acceptable, however)
Reaper
Quote:
It would also depriciate the original by providing major competition.
Starcraft 2 might just kill starcraft 1, and then die itself.

Nah blizzard would be good with making starcraft 2, last time a starcraft game has been made is in 1997-1998 so some new blood would definatly help the franchise a bit. And don't game developers usually get better over time? especially considering starcrafts considered the first stratagie game of its era, and I have yet to see or play a PC stratagy game that matchs it.
jarcelao
i used to play starcraft and was badly addicted with it.

starcraft 2 would definitely much much better than the original if blizzard decided to create the sequel. blizzard is known for the quality of the games they create and still haven't failed to release a blockbuster game.

for me, a sequel to one of the best strategy game of all time is a must within this current technology and it would be deinitely awesome! Smile Cool
kenetix
I used to play Starcrat about a year ago, I still like it but I don't have time these days to play, anyway it's a good game, and it will be Smile
Rsamaster
jarcelao wrote:
i used to play starcraft and was badly addicted with it.

starcraft 2 would definitely much much better than the original if blizzard decided to create the sequel. blizzard is known for the quality of the games they create and still haven't failed to release a blockbuster game.

for me, a sequel to one of the best strategy game of all time is a must within this current technology and it would be deinitely awesome! Smile Cool

It's going to be extremely hard for starcraft 2 to be better than the original in terms of balance and speed cause the original has been tweaked and patched 13 (or so) times.
Reaper
Do you really consider this true?? Blizzard has injected what now 12 patchs for World of Warcraft? and there making a sequal to that, the patchs are just that patchs. They can either add them to the new cd, or just make you dl them when you register for online play.
lockwolf
I think Blizzard needs to finish Starcraft Ghost then move onto SC2, Hasnt Starcraft Ghost been announced for a few years now and hasnt been finished?
Reaper
Yes but thats only because bizzards perfectionist when it comes to making games Smile but yes they do need to finish that up soon, also it will be released for the xbox and ps2.

By the way they did show it at the first ever blizzard convention, and what I have heard from those who have played its going to be awesome, just like all their other games. And for all of you who are intrested in this, please read up on starcraft ghost at http://blizzard.com/ghost/
lineagetoday
wow!! their making a starcraft 2?? I'll be looking forward to it like crazy!!! i'm not really looking forward to starcraft ghost though.. just a first person shooter pretty boring .. tired of those kinds of games. I like the 3d-ish 2d look like starcraft 1
Reaper
No they are not working on starcraft 2, however they did say they look forward to revisiting starcraft on the pc which suggests starcraft 2.
bkatz
great game..however theres too many hacks going around for it so it ruins the online play..however i still play it even though its like 5 years old Laughing
5C1
i think blizzard will work on WoW n warcrft..>"<
xray757
Reaper wrote:
especially considering starcrafts considered the first stratagie game of its era, and I have yet to see or play a PC stratagy game that matchs it.

Starcraft wasn't the first!!! The breakthrouhg of these strategy games came with Command & Conquer 1, and even this was a (for that time) modern copy of Dune 2 from the Amiga with another story and other units. It had better graphics and the game controls were much enhanced compared to Dune 2. Some years after the big success of C&C1 the made a new version of Dune 2 for the PC, they called it Dune 2000 and made it with the graphic-engine of C&C1 and the better controls as well.
LesPaulMarshall
Starcraft truly is one of the best games I've ever played. Another is War Wind (By SSI I think) War Wind was the first ever game I bought for my first ever PC and have played it pretty much constantly along with Starcraft. I'm just a bit annoyed that I can't run War Wind on my new PC DAMMIT - even though I don't have that much time for playing games nowadays <sighs and shakes head>
mceejaydee
I used to play starcraft. I played online too, I was in a clan called MxD. Anybody familiar with it? Well I quit playing it because it got boring.
LesPaulMarshall
Never played Starcraft online yet. Definately in my mind though!
theerawate
I like starcraft . but i want next expansion , too much ? how long the expansion will sell ?
blu3bird
theerawate wrote:
I like starcraft . but i want next expansion , too much ? how long the expansion will sell ?

HUH!?!?!?

and starcraft rocks !! Protoss rulez !!
5C1
mayb 2 years will have new starcrft epension..
Insanity
Warcraft and Starcraft. Defintely among the classics of RTS games.
ganz
I play both starcraft: Brood War and Warcraft 3:Frozen Throne . I like warcraft 3 better cuz of the graphics but they are both 2 great RTS games.
GKH
I playing a Starcraft 2 year ago Smile

J'm waiting a new Starcraft Very Happy
nachjo chip
LesPaulMarshall wrote:
Never played Starcraft online yet. Definately in my mind though!

You have quite alot to look forward too!

In my opinion, starcraft 2 (if made) will be good. Just look at the warcraft series. Everyone loved warcraft 2 (me included) but warcraft 3 is waay better. Ofcourse, comparing Starcraft to Warcraft is like comparing a diamond ring to a week-old piece of toast found in a trashcan at 3A.M. in the morning while drunk, but were talking Blizzard here. I'm sure they are going blow our minds away with starcraft 2.

(also, i am looking forwards to starcraft: ghost, mainly because it looks like a cross between halo and splintercell and set in a starcraft universe)
robin
aahhh yes starcraft...goooood memories!
starcraft ghost better be bloody good!
it's been too long and I've kind of lost interest already.
when is it coming out again?
the graphics don't look that great, but we shall see the final product
gameplay is more important though, BETTER BE GOOD!
xbox360 is already out and ghost hasn't come out for xbox yet!
but who cares about the 360 anyway
well blizzard is known for making good games anyway so shouldn't be too bad
yes i want my frihost points. ramble ramble ramble
moncader
ok, a few things you don't understand Razz
One: Blizzard is split into departments. There is a starcraft, diablo, warcraftm console, and WoW devisions. The programmers and such don't jump between projects, once they are in the WoW area, they stay there.

Two: Blizzard has not said that they aren't making S2. I personally think they are, you know why? Read their job postings. They hired and are hiring an entire devel team practically, and its not in blizzard console, and its not blizzard north. We know that the Warcraft team is already good, so what else could they be doing with those people??? O.O

I predict Starcraft shown or at least told about at E3 2006 this year. Smile
root
sc and cs are the best games i've ever played

zerg rules btw
flipinoy
starcraft is the first PC game that I got addicted to, because it's the only game that i can play well with dial-up! played it for 5 years and counting Smile
ForceRun
Everyone loves StarCraft, yea it wasn't the first RTS out, Dune takes that cake. With Command And Conquer perfecting them. But StarCraft is the first real multiplayer RTS that actually took off and set the standard for over 5 Years. Blizzard makes great games they just are single minded being currently stuck on World of WarCraft like it has been for the last few years. It takes them the longest out of all the other companies to produce new games. Sure all of their games are top. And it makes sense for them not to want to release any new games because they are making such a killing on the games they still have out.

I think they would make awesome StarCraft 2. They could even just come out with an expansion and still make big time sales off it. I wish we could get them to make StarCraft 2, but everyone says they are just working on World of WarCraft and nothing else.
roveneco
i think starcraft is the best strategy game ever and have realy lots, lots fans. blizzard will find more programers and start to made starcraft2 and diablo3. if they will make these games, i think they will be richest game company.
Tsubakii
Yeah, blizzard is definately notorious for making top quality games. I enjoyed Starcraft, it was fun. It took stratergy though, to play online atleast. Single player was hard at times, but wasn't too bad. Online took a lot of stratergy if you played with anyone good. Being rushed was always annoying. But it was a great overall game. I'd say I liked warcraft 3 a bit better because of the story, but I think starcraft allows for better strategy.
teriyaki
we had this rumor for at least 3 years...
star 2 will come out, star 2 will come out, star 2 will come out....
i just got sick of it and i guess it will never come out.

it's like telling people that tupac's alive but u know he's not..
but u still wish it was true..
so i got my hope. lol
odinstag
I just started playing starcraft. To the 10th terran mission right now. I think.

It's really fun. I like the space theme better than the mystical warcraft theme.

Hope I don't go getting stuck. I hate that.
Morten
I love StarCraft. It's an AWSOME game. But I have a problem with the online playing. No matter when I log on to battle net, the latency of the game creators are to high. Usually There are only a 1-3 games that has low enough latency for me to connect. Anyone know if this is because of my connection, because I use a mac or is it something else.

Any replies would be appreciated. Very Happy
jerski
i luv starcraft game nothing else to say... Very Happy

i luv too warcraft game for me its the best strategy game Smile
polit
Blizzard games have always lack of new technical solutions. But every game looks great instead of the 2D graphics and low resolution. The key is atmosphere and in that factor starcraft is still unbeaten. The character animations, the videos, the story and an easy-to-learn interface - it's a game. Warcraft and Diablo was very popular games,too. And sequels to both are great, so i don't afraid of being stiffed by Blizzard (if there will be a next SC game)
dac_nip
I love starcraft, I've been playing it for more than 5 years now. We usually held tournament in our place playing starcraft. It's lifespan exceeds most of those graphic-etchy games.. remarkable.
nunosilva
starcraft... geee so long I don't play it! actually I never got to the addiction level... but I liked more starcraft then red alert, warcraft... but curiously I never gone more then half game... the others I've finished... I guess I don't have the pacience anymore to play that kind of games...
madsencarl
I've been playing Starcraft for years, but recently got re-addicted when I found out I could play my cousin through Hamachi (I don't have a CD key). So yeh, that's pretty cool.
nntien
The StarCraft, the game everyone likes best make us do something in our life with well-organized. In this game, I learn many things, now, I have some good strategies to win this game! I think our life does so!
kirii
em...
i like this game very much~~
dac_nip
nntien wrote:
The StarCraft, the game everyone likes best make us do something in our life with well-organized. In this game, I learn many things, now, I have some good strategies to win this game! I think our life does so!

right! after reading battle plans. i usually apply it to starcraft. diversionary tactics and left flank, right flank attack mode are the usual battle positions i employ. its just amazing that you can actually apply real life battle into this game and wonder in owe how you can execute it. it also develops your speed for decision. i've tried playing online and those guys at battlenet are really good. try downloading some of our replay games and see it for yourself. im sure you'll learn a lot.
Natrualkiller
they are remaking this game with the w3 engine Smile
sangook
starcraft is the best strategy game ever.
slgn
StarCraft is best RTS, I dont need StarCraft 2 !!!

check this site about StarCraft:
www.wgtour.com <---- best ladder in Europ
www.netwars.pl <--- Polish best WWW about SC

btw it's a plugin to watch FirstPerson Replay Wink
5C1
strat craft 2?
really?
stratcraft1 is nice.. looking forward for starcrat2
odinstag
I am havinga tough time with this last mission. But I am making progress.

It is a real pain having to fight two enemy forces at once. But I am learning. I have the first enemy force pretty much wiped out. Now I have to attack and destroy the Alpha Troops and their Ion Cannon. That's where I died last time I tried.
4ndY
I prefere only RTS games - and StarCraft is an ture example of them. I really liked it (when i was playing it - now this game is too old > resoultion of screen is 640*480 and it cant be changed Sad ).
But game play is certainly the best - so MP is great!

Random race rulz! Very Happy
darth_revan
there are lots to say about starcraft, none will describe it...

There are lots of RTSs, but none have the balance that starcraft has...
Fenix
I just recently quit starcraft to play Diablo 2. I may go back to it eventually but it gets boring after a while.
tabina
I agree with you, Starcraft is the great game. I especially liked option to raise and move your buildings,which I have never seen before. This games challenges my IQ, i prefer playing multiplayer that stand alone
dexterius
StarCraft is just great. I'm playing it for few years now and it is real fun. Best it is on BattleNet. I hope that blizzard will make something similar in the future. But i can't image game that will beat StarCraft in next few years. But will Blizzard is everything possible Laughing .
Natrualkiller
im surprised people still play it but iv played it for 3 years and lookin to pop in the cd again after seeing this post but its a great game they are actually redoing the game with the w3 engine which should be pretty kool
The_Gamer294
Reaper wrote:
Starcraft is definatly one of the best mass war games out there, also it was made by blizzard who have made several of the best PC games ever created. Though I'm a bit disapointed in blizzard at the moment, they keep on promising that they will be making a Starcraft 2, yet they decided to do an expansion to World of warcraft first. BTW for those of you who dont know Starcraft ghost for the council IS NOT starcraft 2. so any opinions on this? or other online stratagie games?

There is never going to be a Starcraft 2, its even in the blizzard FAQ. But starcraft was always a good game, sometimes i get sick of it but i always go back to it after a while. Blizzard has to be the best online game maker of all time.

P.S. Look at my avatar
darth_revan
Natrualkiller wrote:
im surprised people still play it

there is no better and balanced game like starcraft, its not our faults Very Happy its other game studios'
nachjo chip
Morten wrote:
I love StarCraft. It's an AWSOME game. But I have a problem with the online playing. No matter when I log on to battle net, the latency of the game creators are to high. Usually There are only a 1-3 games that has low enough latency for me to connect. Anyone know if this is because of my connection, because I use a mac or is it something else.

Any replies would be appreciated. Very Happy

That lag would be your firewall and/or router srewing with you. Make sure your firewall isn't blocking starcraft from connecting. Also, because you're on a mac (this also applies to old windows versions i think) you have to open the correct ports in your router setup. The port to open for Starcraft/Battle.net to work properly is port 4000. (You might also have to open ports 6112-6119).

Here is a list of what ports computer games use if you ever run into the same problem in any other games:
List of what ports computer games use
Scott
Starcraft is fantastic.

I wonder if we could get enough people for a Starcraft tournament? Would anyone be interested in that? Maybe we could put some Fri on the line haha.
anhstar
Yes! Starcraft is one of the best. Can't beleave a game like that exist!
After years, there are still an active amount of players, tournaments and even a whole country workshipping the top starcraft player like a god (Korea).

Great game!
And if Starcraft 2 come out, it would need to be so groundbreaking, otherwise, Starcraft will and still be the great one.