FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

SMF install: Unable to connect to FTP server

maia
hi!

i just got my free hosting from this site, and i have a DirectAdmin control panel. it's at http://samar.frih.net

i uploaded all my files into the /domains/samar.frih.net/public_html/discussion/ folder, mostly SMF and MKPortal files.

then i added the install files, so that the mysql will be configured automatically and i would just import my saved sql file later.

however, i got this error:

Quote:

Unable to connect to FTP server with this combination of details.
when i tried to install my SMF forum.

my username was right (maia_smf) along with my password. i tried all kinds of combinations for the install path, like simple /discussion/ or the /public_html/discussion/ folder, etc., but it still won't work

what's wrong?
n0xvb
maia wrote:
hi!

i just got my free hosting from this site, and i have a DirectAdmin control panel. it's at http://samar.frih.net

i uploaded all my files into the /domains/samar.frih.net/public_html/discussion/ folder, mostly SMF and MKPortal files.

then i added the install files, so that the mysql will be configured automatically and i would just import my saved sql file later.

however, i got this error:

Quote:

Unable to connect to FTP server with this combination of details.
when i tried to install my SMF forum.

my username was right (maia_smf) along with my password. i tried all kinds of combinations for the install path, like simple /discussion/ or the /public_html/discussion/ folder, etc., but it still won't work

what's wrong?

Hi maia, looks like you're trying to log in using the SQL user id/password you created. Do the same thing but use maia for the user id and the same password you use to log into DirectAdmin. That should work for you. Remember though that you will still need to use maia_smf and its password for the MySQL connection.
Jay
maia
thanks! i got it now. my only problem now is that my discussion/index.php shows a blank page, but my mkportal index and the admin panels for both SMF and MKPortal are ok
thnn
For me it is giving a Database error. Have you got the right user and pass set?
maia
i have a problem importing my database from my old site. it's not accepted by the importer in the phpmysql

when i looked what's inside the zip, i found out that they are not in .sql but in separate folders for each database and table, with .frm, .MYD, and .MYI extensions.

i already posted it here
Daniel15
I replied to your post about the database. Very Happy
frenz
i have the same problem i get error message "Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again." how to fix this i cant install mod for smf