FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

For people who have OCed before.

TheGeek
Im looking for an idea of how far to take my Nvidia FX5500. Iv already got the core running at 300mhz and the memory running at 456mhz. I have upgraded...or downgraded depending on how you see it, the heatsink from the stock little one with the dinky fan to the fanless one off of the 6600 my friend has since he upgraded his. If you have ever OCed this card or have any idea of what it could handle, please let me know, im curious.

Also, has anyone else had any problems running a PCI wifi card on a slot below a graphics card before? Ever since i got the card my PCI card hasnt worked well. Like it runs fine for maybe...10 minutes and then i lose all connections. I have since switched to my older USB card but i would like to not use it if at all possible.

If there is a way to correct this please help.
Naif
What were the factory/default values for the core and memory? As far as my knowledge goes, the FX5500 is clocked at a speed of 275 MHz and 400 MHz respectively. If so those are the default values of your card then you can overclock them a bit more higher. Just remember, the speed of the core can be increased more than the speed of the memory.

The fan installed on a graphics card takes care of cooling the core alone. While you take care of the temps of the core, you'll have to give care to the temps of the memory chips too if you are overclocking the card. See if your card has RAM sinks installed. If it doesnt then you'll have to buy and install a sink on every RAM chip on your card.

You can overclock your card till you dont see any artifacts in any games or benchmark softwares your using.