FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

PSP

PeoplesChamp
What is your opinion on PSP.. I think it is poor and it is SOO over rated. Idk that is just me i dont really care for it. Id rather take a Gameboy DS over it (Just kiddin).?? Just wana see if people agree wit me Twisted Evil
SilverDogg
there already are threads about the psp and the ds. write in those instead =)
MonkeyWrench
psp is the best handheld console around, i still dont think its practical for playing most games though, but as for DS it sucks.
leat397
It's the best portable console i think.
and I believe the size is the best!
The optimum screen side ( wide screen!!!) and optimum weight!
Hanpusu-kun
Well, I really dont think thmat the PSP is a "game" console but more of a media player.
And, when more then 50% of the games on it is car/racing games, its kinda "not funny" to play on.
No, NDS is far better then the PSP
jarcelao
Hanpusu-kun wrote:
Well, I really dont think thmat the PSP is a "game" console but more of a media player.
And, when more then 50% of the games on it is car/racing games, its kinda "not funny" to play on.

i definitely agree with you.

DS is way lot better than the overrated PSP! Cool Very Happy
BlackMask
jarcelao wrote:
Hanpusu-kun wrote:

DS is way lot better than the overrated PSP! Cool Very Happy

Very Happy Smile Cool Razz Wink
Hanpusu-kun
BlackMask wrote:

Very Happy Smile Cool Razz Wink

you could have skipped those smileys ^^;?
confu
What you guys think of the Playstation 3, if you compare it with the Xbox360, my opion is I THINK Very Happy that the Playstation 3 will have lots of nice, good looking games, and Xbox360 has lots of Hardcore-xbox'ers, and offcourse PS3 has that too, well, i dont really know, and you guys? Very Happy

(I have now a PS2 Little edition, it works perfect, but i dont like to play on it that much, i love my computer and i dont like to play games on the consoles Rolling Eyes )
Hanpusu-kun
confu wrote:
What you guys think of the Playstation 3, if you compare it with the Xbox360, my opion is I THINK Very Happy that the Playstation 3 will have lots of nice, good looking games, and Xbox360 has lots of Hardcore-xbox'ers, and offcourse PS3 has that too, well, i dont really know, and you guys? Very Happy

(I have now a PS2 Little edition, it works perfect, but i dont like to play on it that much, i love my computer and i dont like to play games on the consoles Rolling Eyes )

well, but im very worried of how much it will cost and so on.
votd
Another foolish topic, yeah, but I'm (and other people also) not into handhelds, not after GBA -_-'. I still think PSP is much exclusive, but DS is much funnier and cheaper. Your decision, your tolerance Smile
Billwaa
DS and SD both just a waste of time to even manufacture. DS touch screen always get scratch up. SD, who still play Game Boy?

PSP have the graphic of PS2, function as a media player too. My friend's PSP can even play Xbox games, PS2 games, Game Boy games, Game Cube game... Halo 2 is fun on PSP
xeqL
I played with a psp yesterday and i can say its unbelieveble. the grafiks are completely crazy and you can do a LOT of things like watching films ... PSP is better than PSone but his price is a bit to expensive.
SilverDogg
Billwaa wrote:
DS and SD both just a waste of time to even manufacture. DS touch screen always get scratch up. SD, who still play Game Boy?

PSP have the graphic of PS2, function as a media player too. My friend's PSP can even play Xbox games, PS2 games, Game Boy games, Game Cube game... Halo 2 is fun on PSP

what drugs did you use to see all that? i want them too!

and what console is sd now again? ive never heard of it!
scratcher
PSP 1.5 can be modded, but you can't play some games without a firmware update.

I was planning buy a PSP on Christmas, but i don't know. Some friends told me that some games are really poor, specially the gameplay. I'll wait a bit before wasting money in something that i may do not like.
GDG
Actually, PSP is way better, they will be getting much better games over the year 2006 and better accesories for it too. I mean they have wireless socom with headset for it, if we coudl get MMORPG game on there liek 'Lineage II' or 'WoW', that would be awsome, because i am sure if tehy could make SOCOM on it they could make MMORPGS too!!!
vignesh_natraj
I am having a PSP but got a chance to use it for 30 Days on my trip to my cousins place.It is really awesome. Look at it.

I fell in love with it on first sight.Every time i played a game or watched a video i wondered have i witnessed such good quality before.
PSP is so user friendly.The controls on the PSP are feather touch and and respond intuitively.one needs to get acustomed to it.
I thought of buying it for myself but my parents wont allow for it. To be true actually the cost is a little bit on the higher side.

I had stopped playing computer games till my cousin came and took away that little piece of beauty
Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad
Monkeydog
PSP fails:
http://gameboy.ign.com/articles/674/674747p1.html

The DS and GBA is a safe haven for unique and old school games, you know, good ones. The PSP is mainly ports and dumbed down versions of PS2 games, or even worse, rip-offs of DS/GBA games(theres one of Advanced Wars and Warioware)

PSP j00 fails fool.
druidbloke
I love my psp, I wasnt impressed by the ds adverts ive seen, but i havent had one in my hand so wont comment. I would like to play homebrew on my psp but I cant because I have the newest firmware grrr ah well cant have everything, other than that I have used it an awful lot since I bought it so it must be good Cool
druidbloke
all systems have some poor games, but dont listen to rumour most of the games I tried on my psp are cracking, smooth as hell and great gameplay and control.
Monkeydog
Rumors?
When compared to the DS the PSP has stale overused gameplay.
Nutorious
I dont like any hand held really, they annoy me
druidbloke
--> Rumors?
-> When compared to the DS the PSP has stale overused gameplay.

Monkeydog you are seriously biased and dont seem to be able to come up with much information, you just contredict anyone who gives a positive comment on psp. The games may be stale to you but I havent had a games console before, the last time I played games were when the st and amiga were about lol so this is all good to me, and compare favourably with all the other consoles Ive looked at recently, even non-hand helds, so when it comes to the crunch just talk about the console you are into, how are we suppose to know whats good about it with just negative comments about its rivals. Not everone is into the same type of game u know Razz some of us dont have time for deep game play heheh a quick run around shootin or a race around a track is gooooood, and lets face it both consoles are toys, since when was that a bad thing.
Monkeydog
Seem to come up with much information?

God damn I come up with the most. Just look at the other DS vs PSP one. >.<

Don't say that when YOU'RE way more biased, and have nothing to back it up with.
druidbloke
Im not biased, both machines have a market. I only critisised the ds for a laugh after a few negative comments were made about the psp Smile I havent even tested one so I cant really knock the ds. All I can say is ive hardly put my psp down since I bought it so it cant be that bad can it.
a.Bird
Think

I don't understand the hype of competition. How can you possibly say one is better than the other, based on specs, or titles. I think ultimately, it's up to the consumer to decide what he or she personally likes, whether it be PSP, NDS, both or neither, but that doesn't warrant him or her to say that either one is truly better than the other.

Personally, I think the NES beats the hell out of the PSP and the NDS combined. However, I know half of you would get your panties in a scrunch if I said that to your face because you are so eager to support the most acclaimed shit out there on the market.

All I can say is that all of the gaming industries have come a long way since Pacman, such a long way that I doubt people of the Pacman era had ever dreamed of battling out Starwars characters on the internet in realtime with beautiful graphics that, compared to a yellow circle eating white dots, would make them shit their pants. It's been almost two decades since the release of the classic DUCK HUNT title for the NES. It's been 10 years since the release of the Playstation console. Imagine what you will see in another 10 years. You will probably look at your PSPs and NDSs and wonder why you paid hundreds of dollars for them compared to the crazy new graphics you could get on the xBox1080 or the Playstation9.

In a nutshell, try not to have an aneurism over deciding what the best console is, and just enjoy the leaps in technology we are making in regard to whatever company may bring the experience into the comfort of your home. Rolling Eyes
Monkeydog
I pretty much agree that the NES is better than both(but I think the SNES is best overall) but that's not the matter at hand. It's which of these two handheld devices are better. They both have their weaknesses and strentghts, but when it comes to gaming(what game consoles are made for) the DS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PSP.
druidbloke
This thread wasnt about which console was better it was started to discuss psp stuff presumably. When (if? im starting to lose my faith in these hackers lol maybe I'll try myself) a hack becomes available for firmware 2.6 who is going to use it? Im still undecided.
druidbloke
ok scrolling back it wasnt but it is now Bo), and yes it was a stupid topic grrr there are plenty of places discussing that already as we all know Wink
druidbloke
ok scrolling back it wasnt but it is now Bo), and yes it was a stupid topic grrr there are plenty of places discussing that already as we all know Wink