FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Media Player

jarred89
Hello, I cant play any media videos or audio on any sites does anyone know how i can fix this? Thanks
Freezon
Is the site using Realplayer, Quicktime, Windows Media Player? Please explain. If Windows Media Player, make sure you have the latest codecs installed and you have the latest WMP version.
jarred89
they are using Windows Media player where do i get the codecs from?
sprk3
Go to help and select check for player updates.
jarred89
it says there is no updates available
TheGeek
Try going to the microsoft website (www.microsoft.com if you couldnt figure it out) and look up windows media player and there should be a codec's thing. They put a new one out recently if i remember.
TheGeek
Try going to the microsoft website (www.microsoft.com if you couldnt figure it out) and look up windows media player and there should be a codec's thing. They put a new one out recently if i remember.
jarred89
i looked there but have no idea what to look at im trying to watch videos in yahoo and they just dont work
pudovkin
Look for "Media Player Classic" at Google.
technology.sponge
do you have all the necessary plugins/software installed?
some websited multimedia may use relatively unknown codecs and wmp/real/quicktime may be having trouble finding the right codec
jarred89
it is the windows media player they use but they just wont play
cheeta
jarred89 wrote:
it is the windows media player they use but they just wont play

well make sure u have the latest version of the media player.... if needed then reinstall the player....

& then download & install this,

Codec Installation Packages for IT Professionals

K-Lite Codec Pack
jarred89
Ok I have done that and it still wont work could it be something to do with my router?
Neo7
Downloading Div X usually solves the problem. It's free and it works great.
jarred89
the site i want to see them only accepts windows media player isnt that another media player?
cheeta
well as it happens with very site... so.. what is ur browser?? try to Internet Explorer for the site.... also if using windows XP then try to run the command sfc /scannow

aslo check that any firewall / network protection of AVS is blocking media player access or not....

also take a walk through,

Windows Media Player FAQ

Streaming Radio Stations in Windows Media Player
headlong
It has most of the decoders and it is very stable. try search for it in google.
Pikokola
Yup
K-Lite codec pack have almost all codec (Video and Audio) that you need, and the other thing, this codec pak have other utilites that I think very usefull, like G-Spot that show what codec that you nee to watch some videos Smile
jarred89
Pikokola wrote:
Yup
K-Lite codec pack have almost all codec (Video and Audio) that you need, and the other thing, this codec pak have other utilites that I think very usefull, like G-Spot that show what codec that you nee to watch some videos Smile

Does it cost money? because when i go to download it, it says i need to pay