FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Moulin Rouge

whatsername
Dontcha just l-o-v-e this movie? The music, the costumes, the originality of it all! I absolutely adore Ewan McGregor, and DAMN that voice could carry across twelve football fields! *swoon* But, I do really think that Nicole Kidman deserved that Best Actress Oscar. She gave a stunning performance in this movie, and she is really what makes this movie one of the best musicals of modern times.
Dean_The_Great
The best musical of modern times? I assume you mean the best musical movie of modern times, because there are some serious contenders in the Broadway world to match wits with Moulin Rouge.

And although I agree that most of the cast was good, there were many things about that movie I did not enjoy. At points the pacing was slow, and the lack of original songs did not appeal to me. But it was directed and edited amazingly well.

Also, McGregor and Kidman are good, but the supporting cast needs the recognition that it deserves! The "Bohemian Players" are great!

Good movie overall for certain!
allthatshaz
Yes! I totally agree! The BOHEMIAN PLAYERS were awesome. I think they're what really brought life to the movie. They gave it so much more color and it's uniqueness.