FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How to webhost?

pjv
How do you create a site similar to frihost wherein the users can have a control panel where they can configure a lot of things. What applications do you need? Is it not a security risk to open services like ftp? Question
sprk3
You write a mail to frihost admin you get information. Laughing
djclue917
Hmmm. What actually are you referring to? Configure what? Are you referring to portals/CMS?
pjv
Sorry if my question is messed up? Smile

Anyway, i am just wondering if i have a web server (running apache and php) and i also want to host the websites of my friends. Do you know of sites that offers tutorials on this? Tnx!
n0obie4life
1. Rent a server at a datacenter or just buy one yourself and dump it there.
2. Install php & apache & mysql and all those stuff
3. Then buy directadmin/cpanel (it's not cheap Rolling Eyes)
toughtrio
Well if you are looking into hosting your own server than you must consider the following points:
If you want to host on ur pc, you need a good connection that has to be open all the time and some good amont of money under your hood to buy the required software and most importantly, a very good brain like BONDINGS to rectify the problems immediately that occur on the server.

Hope that changed your viewpoint.

Kind Regards,
Abdul Basit
Pikokola
toughtrio wrote:
Well if you are looking into hosting your own server than you must consider the following points:
If you want to host on ur pc, you need a good connection that has to be open all the time and some good amont of money under your hood to buy the required software and most importantly, a very good brain like BONDINGS to rectify the problems immediately that occur on the server.

Hope that changed your viewpoint.

Kind Regards,
Abdul Basit

Yap.. the other thins, is, it's better if you don;t do that kind of "job" if you haven't any experience in it, it's better if you do it with someone that have capability in doing this kind if "things", or maybe you can see or join somebody who do this to "steal" some experience from them Very Happy