FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

American Idiot: What's the Story?

whatsername
Hey guys, this post is aimed mainly at the Green Day freaks out there...When listening to their most recent album, American Idiot, do you feel like there's a story being told? I really do. It's constantly being referred to as a "Punk Rock Opera", so I'm thinking that definetly counts as evidence that the album's lyrics are telling a story. What do you think the story is?
therestofus
Well yes, it is a concept album, you know.....
icugaming
The story is that it was a really bad album and a disgrace to all music.
todabeat
I thought it was a good album. But isn't this album like a year old already?
picsite
i think its a story ...for sure...a story of their lives and being america's next top idiot...no lol just joking. BUt i do think it has to do with their life story.
blackheart
whatsername wrote:
Hey guys, this post is aimed mainly at the Green Day freaks out there...When listening to their most recent album, American Idiot, do you feel like there's a story being told? I really do. It's constantly being referred to as a "Punk Rock Opera", so I'm thinking that definetly counts as evidence that the album's lyrics are telling a story. What do you think the story is?

It's the story of bullshit music masquerading as punk.. which it isn't.

It's closer to opera than punk.

Listen to early Greenday, if anything.
SunburnedCactus
Ah, the squeaky clean sound of a band without a soul. I would say it is closer to pop music than opera, and many many miles away from punk.
Marston
whatsername wrote:
Selloutz lawl. Selling out is the story being told Rolling Eyes.