FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Building a Forum Tutorial

evilryu530
Hello all, I just wanted to know, if anyone has heard of a tutorial, that will show you, step by step on how to create a forum on your frihost website. I know this forum is full of web guru's and wizards. So if anyone knows of such a tutorial, or can create one, I think many of the members will benefit greatly from this, and probably will stop making 10's of threads about "how to make a forum" and asking random questions, including me. I greatly appreciate it.

Laughing [b]
thnn
Do you mean how to code a forums application from scratch or how to just install one?
evilryu530
both i guess, im not sure of the process. can you explain it?
thnn
To code a forum software from scratch you need to have an good understanding of PHP and mysql and you need to know exactly all the features you want it to have. If you are just wanting to install a premade forums app then you need to locate one, I have just found out about mybb which looks to be really really good. Then it is just as simple as getting either someone on here to install it for you or installing it yourself. However I so agree that we need a tutorial, but due to the fact that there are so many different bb software out there not every one would be able to be done.
n0obie4life
http://frihost.com/forums/vt-19192.html

I'm sure no one visits that forum and reads the stickied topics.
evilryu530
hahaahhhaah!!! good one, i didnt see that, if i didnt see that then im sure a lot of other people didnt see it, u might want to rename the thread if possible? thanks man! u are the greatest!!!!!!