FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

IP for Virtual domain

alja
I am using round robin for one of my domains, so I have two hostings for the same domain. I want to point the guest book to just one of them so I don't have to make two copies of it. How can I point the guestbook that I have in frih$ using an ip address? like 216.32.85.170/~domain/guestbook/sign.php
I hope I make sense, anyway thanks in advance for the help
clogfan
Maybe this is not a good idea : once you lose your "main" server, your guestbook might be lost.

But anyway, if you want to have some solution, you might put a guestbook-page on your second server that simply redirects to the other server (with hardcoded ip-address then).

This is not the best solution because :
- if the main server is down, your guestbook is down : people will get error 404
- the files on both servers are different : on the main server, you'll have the real guestbook, on the other the redirect page

But it works well if you don't care about the drawbacks...
alja
Thanks for the help.

Quote:
you might put a guestbook-page on your second server that simply redirects to the other server (with hardcoded ip-address then).

That's what I want but how can I hardcode ip a virtual domain different than the main frih domain?

Any other way I can deal with this??? I just want to have the guestbook updated with the less trouble.

Help apreciated