FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


I knew the Governator wouldn't let me down...





S3nd K3ys
http://www.cnn.com/

Quote:
California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger denied clemency today for convicted killer Stanley Tookie Williams, saying the facts of the case do not justify blocking his scheduled execution. Williams, a convicted killer and co-founder of the Crips gang, is due to die by injection shortly after midnight local time at San Quentin State Prison. Williams' death sentence sparked a debate over capital punishment, with his supporters claiming he should be able to live because he is now a changed man who writes books leading children away from gang life.






Say g'nite, John-boy.
ocalhoun
Its nice to know that you can't get out of the death penalty just by delaying the proccess and being a very good inmate.
S3nd K3ys
ocalhoun wrote:
Its nice to know that you can't get out of the death penalty just by delaying the proccess and being a very good inmate.


Agreed. He was far from a 'good inmate', though. I've heard several accounts about him being in the highest security areas of death row the whole time. Attacks on guards, other inmates etc continued for years and years. He is still being held in the high security areas because he's a 'high risk' the the health of guards and other inmates.
maclui
I just do not understand why people should feel happy about killing someone. It should be a shame that human kind is still killing people to punish them for their sins. Who are we?? we are just God´s creations, with many privileges but taking lives I do not think is ne of them. What is this all about? If someone kills somebody then the so called justice system does exactly the same thing, and I dont care if it is justified, that is just bullshit. It is all about taking away something that God is only capable of giving. Yes we can copulate among opposite sexes and give birth to live beings but that just does not haped because of our will. We really, really need to evolve an leave behind that savage, and rustic sense of Justice some countries have.
S3nd K3ys
maclui wrote:
I just do not understand why people should feel happy about killing someone. ....


It's called justice. You won't understand it until someone kills your son/daughter/brother/sister/father/mother in cold blood.

Quote:
It is all about taking away something that God is only capable of giving.


If you're talking about life, then perhaps you could ask Tookie if he thinks he's God because he took those 4 lives.









"Kill one man, you're a murderer. Kill many, you're a conquerer. Kill them all, you're a god"
maclui
[ you could ask Tookie if he thinks he's God because he took those 4 lives.]

I do not think "tookie" is right, He deserves an energic punishment. He is not God he is a criminal, who violated Gods commandments. I do not think problems can be solved by reacting as a mirror.
´
[/"Kill one man, you're a murderer. Kill many, you're a conquerer. Kill them all, you're a god"]

Who says that? Sounds so primitive.
S3nd K3ys
maclui wrote:

[/"Kill one man, you're a murderer. Kill many, you're a conquerer. Kill them all, you're a god"]

Who says that? Sounds so primitive.


Dave Mustaine. (Prolly pilfered it from someone else, though)
edallica
S3nd K3ys wrote:

It's called justice. You won't understand it until someone kills your son/daughter/brother/sister/father/mother in cold blood.


this implies that only the relatives son/daughter/brother/sister/father/mother are the only ones who see it as justice. if this is the case then it is simply revenge.
S3nd K3ys
edallica wrote:
S3nd K3ys wrote:

It's called justice. You won't understand it until someone kills your son/daughter/brother/sister/father/mother in cold blood.


this implies that only the relatives son/daughter/brother/sister/father/mother are the only ones who see it as justice. if this is the case then it is simply revenge.


Not even close. Since he did not understand justice for others, I feel that only a drastic event directly affecting HIS life would help him understand.

Oingo Boingo singing wrote:

Nothing bad ever happens to me
Nothing bad ever happens to me
Why should I care?

A man broke into my neighborhood
He threatened the family with a loaded gun
He tied them all up and beat 'em real good
He took everything and he got away clean
And I can't believe that anyone would
Wanna do such a terrible thing
But why should I care?
...
silvermesh
maclui wrote:
I do not think problems can be solved by reacting as a mirror.


From the mouth of God to Moses:

Leviticus 24:17-21

If a man takes the life of any human being, he shall surely be put to death.

The one who takes the life of an animal shall make it good, life for life.

If a man injures his neighbor, just as he has done, so it shall be done to him:

fracture for fracture, eye for eye, tooth for tooth; just as he has injured a man, so it shall be inflicted on him.

Thus the one who kills an animal shall make it good, but the one who kills a man shall be put to death.
karysky
Guilty or not, I am against death penalty.

Punishing a murder by another murder? I don't think that solves anything.

It is not justice, it's revenge.

Ok, ok, he killed 4 people. But what if he could have saved more with his books??

Who are we to decide who's to live and who's to die?
skyy
Thow shall not kill!

You gotta love more, don't hate!
LeviticusMky
Killing people is fine, so long as you accede to the fact that it is murder.

The death penalty is premeditated murder, plain and simple.

So, if you're okay with perpetuating the cycle of murder, go right ahead, kill away.
S3nd K3ys
LeviticusMky wrote:
Killing people is fine, so long as you accede to the fact that it is murder.

The death penalty is premeditated murder, plain and simple.

So, if you're okay with perpetuating the cycle of murder, go right ahead, kill away.


If you were faced with being murdered for murdering someone, would you think twice about murdering them?
edallica
S3nd K3ys wrote:


If you were faced with being murdered for murdering someone, would you think twice about murdering them?


1. most people dont think about murdering anyone.
2 . this guy was faced with the death penalty and it didnt stop him, so what is your point?
S3nd K3ys
edallica wrote:
S3nd K3ys wrote:


If you were faced with being murdered for murdering someone, would you think twice about murdering them?


1. most people dont think about murdering anyone.
2 . this guy was faced with the death penalty and it didnt stop him, so what is your point?


Um, I thought my point was clear... the consequences. The deterance that you face murder for murder.

But hey, if, as you say, they're too stupid to think that, if they murder someone they will be murdered, then mayhaps they should be removed from the gene pool anyway.
edallica
S3nd K3ys wrote:
edallica wrote:
S3nd K3ys wrote:


If you were faced with being murdered for murdering someone, would you think twice about murdering them?


1. most people dont think about murdering anyone.
2 . this guy was faced with the death penalty and it didnt stop him, so what is your point?


Um, I thought my point was clear... the consequences. The deterance that you face murder for murder.

But hey, if, as you say, they're too stupid to think that, if they murder someone they will be murdered, then mayhaps they should be removed from the gene pool anyway.


no, you are talking non-sense. if as you suggest that the death penalty is not a deterrant why does this say otherwise? you are just once again on the wind up. i wont be adding to any threads to which you involve yourself any longer.
thanks
S3nd K3ys
edallica wrote:
S3nd K3ys wrote:
edallica wrote:
S3nd K3ys wrote:


If you were faced with being murdered for murdering someone, would you think twice about murdering them?


1. most people dont think about murdering anyone.
2 . this guy was faced with the death penalty and it didnt stop him, so what is your point?


Um, I thought my point was clear... the consequences. The deterance that you face murder for murder.

But hey, if, as you say, they're too stupid to think that, if they murder someone they will be murdered, then mayhaps they should be removed from the gene pool anyway.


no, you are talking non-sense. if as you suggest that the death penalty is not a deterrant why does this say otherwise? you are just once again on the wind up. i wont be adding to any threads to which you involve yourself any longer.
thanks


Would you like cries with your whaaaaburger???

Seriously, you're the one talking non-sense.

God to Moses wrote:
Leviticus 24:17-21

If a man takes the life of any human being, he shall surely be put to death.
hoonger
I agreed Arnold's decision about this case even I didn't like him sometimes.
If this guy can be forgiven just because he wrote books and tell the young man to do the good things. Then how about the people he killed, they don't have any second chances.
S3nd K3ys
I think people are forgeting that while in prison he has attacked both prison guards and fellow inmates. He has been put into solitary confinement on several occassions. He has never admitted his guilt, nor has he shown remorse for his crimes. He is definitely not a model prisoner. And, if he is now, he is still a prisoner convicted on several counts of murder and mayhem. Unfortunately, there were several others murders which they "think" he did, but do not have sufficient proof. In the ones he was convicted of, there were overwhelming proofs.

Many signs read "STOP THE RACIST DEATH PENALTY" as if to throw the race card into it. But that does nothing to bolster their case. He lived too long after convicted - 26 years.
earthchild
S3nd K3ys wrote:
He lived too long after convicted - 26 years.


I will come clean- I am against killing people 100%

but I find it ironic that you consider his death to be such a terrible punishment S3nd... death is often like a breath of fresh air after a long suffocating struggle, especially for a person like Williams.

This can be heaven and this can be hell (life on earth) but God judges not, but loves EVERYONE. Contrary to popular belief everyone goes to heaven because hello (this is where hell is!) so yay, I'll celebrate because I know Williams is back in heaven!!!

woot, woot... lol
ocalhoun
That was disgusting!
There is a hell, and it is unimaginiably worse than here.
Most people go there.
earthchild
so I guess you think you might be going there?

my condolences that you should have to live your life in such fear
carlokes
I've read a lot of interesting post around here. But one thing is on my mind:

I don't believe in the existence of a God that created everything. I don't believe that is up to a divinity to give or take life.

I just believe in man and in justice and that if you start killing people with a VERY GOOD reason (that must be considered fair on the eyes of society) then you doesn't deserve to live.

Plain and simple.
Bondings
ocalhoun wrote:
There is a hell, and it is unimaginiably worse than here.

Oh, but I have been there. It isn't that bad actually. A nice beach, but huge traffic jams in the evening. So, yes it seems like a lot of people go there.

http://www.globalprofit.pl/allegro/world/zdjecia/hel.jpg Cool
chico-lama
I agree that murdering people must be punished. I don 't agree this punishment must be dead penalty. Are you (people in the USA) stuck in the middle ages or something like that? I am glad that in my county this kind of punishment has not been fullfilled for a long time.

just one question: How can you be for sure that the someone is really innocent? what if in some years evidence for the innocence of this man is found? do you just say sorry?
conclusion is: jail for life is better.
criticaldensity
This should put the death penalty back into the light and let people know that if you kill someone, you will be put to death. An eye for an eye I believe. Theres a side of me liberal (tree hugger), but theres a blood thirsty radical side of me that relishes revenge on the criminals in this country. I honestly think public executions should be brought back. And no more lethal injection; electric chair, firing squad, or hanging is proper fuel to scare the public into "behaving". I cant believe this POS stayed alive THAT many years through appeals, wasting OUR money.

Kudos to the Governator Twisted Evil
Borse
It seems to me that Murderer's get more rights than the people they kill ! If you kill someone You have stopped them from all of the rest of the things they could have done or been. Family and Friends are robbed of their company and possible help or aid. All because someone wanted their money, place, car, etc. I am not sure how much of a deterrant the death penalty is because if I shoot someone tomorrow i won't have to worry about getting killed legaly(death penalty) for years and years. 26 in this case I believe. However I do believe that If you kill the murderer then he or she won't be around to kill another.
Related topics
islam is...
Right to Lifers' Problem
Mum's and Dad's
Whats your views on alcohol?
Store all your data on Google servers
Best console of this generation?
WoW and you
phpBB - Installation Tutorial
Have you ever cheated - - Be honest - - I think we all have.
The Orange box. whos getting it or got it?
Join the Awesome Team Today! *Its Free* Now w/ extra cheese!
Megaman Phoenix
HEROES
Have we all turned into commitment phobics?
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.