FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How about my new sig - need ur advice Rotengel !

Summer
rate my new sig .

this better

or this

or this

I joined SMU and if u want a sig check on the link in my sig .
burzum
great Sig! can u tell me where to find this render? or renders like that?

i rate it 8/10
Kestrel
You can get a lot of renders at http://www.gamerenders.com/ . Once my site ( http://darkgamers.frih.net/ ) gets more popular, I will be putting up renders I've done. But GR has a ton on their forums. I think 35+ pages of... not sure how many per page. Quite a lot, though. Wink
prillan
i cant se it Crying or Very sad
Kestrel
Personally I don't like it. It's good, just not my style. You know what I mean? Wink
WinterMoon
Ya know, I really like that sig - all of them lol

I'm not too good making sigs myself . . . great at advertising banners for websites and what not, but signature's just kind of elude me. lol

It's still very very pretty though lol appeals to the morbidly innocent... ^_^

WinterMoon
Summer
Thanks .

PS: the girl in my sig is a killer (see her sword at the left)
Rotengel
Eh, its okay. I see some areas for improvement, but I'd give it a 5.

Although, joining SMU, you should improve over time. That is if you don't focus on quantity over quality.

Take care.
Summer
Do you mean my render does not blend well ? I think so too but I don't have idea how to make it blend better . I need ur advice .
anhstar
Your sig is nice too!
8/10
Summer
Thanks anhstar .

But how about this ?
JaeCee
Mm .. random filters .. yummy.

The latest one is better, simply because you took out the blue from the left side. Contrasts are usually nice, but the red and blue you used before didn't seem to work. Now the tones blend better.

8/10
Summer
Thanks for the comments .
Rotengel
The second version is better indeed, but the areas I noticed that needed improvement are:

Render quality: I can understand in most cases that you might have a favorite anime out there that doesn't have good high resolution images for you to 'cut' your renders out of. If possible, try using higher quality images for your renders.

Render blending: It seems like you just pasted and placed your render onto your background. To me, the render in your sig shows like it doesn't belong with the background. Also, sometimes blending your render can minimize the appearance of a low-grade cut of a render.

Coloring: I don't know exactly how you color your sigs, but you should look into color balance layers, also it helps if you desaturize your render.

If you would like to look at some of my older sigs, your welcome to check out my gallery at axi.frih.net.

I brush all of my backgrounds and color all of my sigs with color balance layers. I honestly plan to create some tutorials to show how I do some of my sigs. Although, work on my site will be halted until after Jan 2, due to me going home for the holidays.

I will be here for the rest of today and possibly tomorrow morning, if you have any questions. Feel free to PM me.

Take care!
Summer
My third (later) will be different , please check it for probs .
Rotengel
Yes, I will make a tutorial, but it will be after I get back from my break/vacation. I'll be back around Jan 2 or so. I will make a simple one then.

As far as your render goes, the only thing I saw different about it, was the coloring on it. The render still looks as if its just sitting on top of your background, which doesn't look very good to me in this sig. Plus the render is choppy around the edges.

Only thing I would suggest doing is making the edges kinda fade out into the background. Or perhaps try brushing on top of your render and see if that looks better. The color still needs improvement in my opinion. Good luck!

Take care!
Summer

my third try .. What u think ?
Rotengel
I give it a 7. Wink

The background is better and the render doesn't look so choppy as it once did. The color isn't particularily outstanding, but it works I guess.

Good job. Cool

p.s. Its nice that you look for advice, but even when all advice is said, it should matter on your personal opinion and you should make the decision on your own. If your honestly comfortable with your creation, then you shouldn't worry too much.
Summer
Thanks .

Would you like to join my site's head artist team , you can earn money from that . I would like to see you there .
Rotengel
Sounds interesting, I'm leaving to go on vacation on Dec 16th and I won't be back until Jan 1 or 2.

However, if your offer still stands when I get back from break, I would join your site if you'd like.

Take care.
Summer
That's right . You are the one of maximum 5 head artist in my site . First you should registered PayPal account to receive payment . Lets make UniqueGFX better . Very Happy
Rotengel
Alright, no problem Smile

I will let you know when I come back from my break. I'll be back Jan 1 or 2.

Take care.
Billwaa
wow, look really cool, made with Photoshop?

8/10
Summer
Yes , I use photoshop .
Dragate
haha... wow good job... i like the one u have on as ur sig right now (green one) I personnaly like green anyways... so... ya ;p good job
rainynightstarz
i like them both!

BUt i think the red one matches your avatar better!
Alie
I prefer green either red... It looks like more gothic, I think... I can't explain it, gosh Sad ...
Quote:
I honestly plan to create some tutorials to show how I do some of my sigs.
I'm waiting for them Wink ! I hope, I'll take a lot from your lessons. Your signature is pretty good...
Summer
Thanks . i will try to make a good sig tutorial soon .
Quake
Summer and Rotengel - some AWESOME sigs really like summer's green one.
Summer
Thanks . Cool
kain
I'd say #2. But that's just me.