FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Can Skype elbow out Yahoo messenger?

Can Skype elbow out Yahoo messenger?
Yes
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Can't say
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 2

satheesh
Hi,
Can the relatively new kid on the block Skype elbow out Yahoo messenger. The major plus of Skype over Yahoo being the voice clarity and the ease of connection over the internet. Then again it also provides high encryption of the messages sent.
The only drags that it has are that it does not have the money backup and advertisements backup like Yahoo has. But it has been constantly gaining popularity amongst people and in its time it will elbow out Yahoo messenger.

Note : If you like the post please donate
raver
one more thing skype has in plus is the fewer resources it uses. On my pIII with 128 sdram, just yahoo messenger alone takes out 44 Mb of memory...that`s a third for you mathematically challanged Very Happy
Skype is great...but it will take alot of time, maybe years before it will receive the popularity needed to be a serious competitor of yahoo`s messenger service. Hmmz...does anyone remember msn messenger? Very Happy
what a crappy messenger Smile)))))
I just hate it...mainly because it is automatically installed by Microsoft ...i want to have the liberty of choosing what to and what not to install...
satheesh
Hi,
Skype will surely elbow out Yahoo messenger as soon as get its Skype out implemented in an extensive fashion. Now it gives out Skype out for credit but once it gives them for free (which it has started), its gonna easily elbow out Yahoo.

Note : If you like the post please donate
satheesh
Hi,
For those who are new to Skype, let me say one thing, Skype out is like using the messenger (Skype) to call to any landline. Now it is available only for money. But the same is free for some countries like US and UK. The whole document of how it is done is with me.

Note : If you like the post please donate[/b]