FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

domain pointers

NuniPio
can we use domain pointers? coz ive tried and it doesnt seem to work..unless i didnt do it right Confused
thnn
I am assuming you are using DirectAdmin. In this case are you actually trying to add a domain to your account. In that case you add it under the Domain Administration panel. However if you are wanting the domain to point to another one of your domains then I am not sure why it isnt working.
NuniPio
thnn wrote:
I am assuming you are using DirectAdmin. In this case are you actually trying to add a domain to your account. In that case you add it under the Domain Administration panel. However if you are wanting the domain to point to another one of your domains then I am not sure why it isnt working.

yep im using DirectAdmin
wrightbros
one thing i've never heard straightened out in the forums here; whether there is a difference between "alias" and pointer for domain pointing, and whether you need to check the "alias" box in the domain control for it to work. i guess it doesn't really matter that much though, because with alias turned on it has always worked fine for me.
Sunny
You need to point your domain to frihost by changing the nameservers then add then it your hosting account.

Please refer this post which explains the procedure in detail.

Also note when the DNS setting of a domain is changed, It can take up to 24-48 hours for changes to show up. If your domain still doesn't works, please post the actual domain here so we can check it out.