FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

RAW Format, a pain...

sunjay
Hey guys,

it's been a while since i've got a computer related problem. curse my limited knowledge.

anyway, i've got a fujifilm s5600/5200 digital camera. it can shoot images on RAW format but i don't know how to open this file. I've tried photoshop but photoshop doesn't support it. Does anyone out there know any other softwares out there that supports this type of RAW file from this camera model?

Thanks heaps
James
phileplanet
[quote="sunjay"]
anyway, i've got a fujifilm s5600/5200 digital camera. it can shoot images on RAW format but i don't know how to open this file. I've tried photoshop but photoshop doesn't support it. Does anyone out there know any other softwares out there that supports this type of RAW file from this camera model?/quote]

I think Photoshop should be able to do this. If you do a search on RAW in their help thing, it gives you a whole list of things related to RAW. From what I got out of it, you need the "Photoshop Camera Raw plug-in" to really do anything but i'm not sure as to whether it's already installed or if you have to get it somehow. Hope that helps.
Pikokola
Well. since it's from a camera, it's should come with it's CD driver or some manual, there must be some hints in this one.

The other thing, why don't you try use these programs:
ACDSee (don't know excatly but it think it's a bit too old for me Sad)
Photoshop CS
MsPaint (since sometimes it will decrease it's quality.)

And i prefer it's Photoshop (if it can't maybe you should try to open it with higher version)
sunjay
hey guys,

thanks for the suggestions. I've got Photoshop CS and have updated it to the latest RAW plug-in but it still doesn't work.

I've read their help files and everything, I've even looked at Photoshop CS2's camera RAW support. It doesn't support my model of camera, yet.

The CD that came with my camera somehow have gone missing. So I'm left with trying to find a software out there that will do the job.

So yeah, any software suggestions would be nice.

Thanks

James
NuniPio
sunjay wrote:
hey guys,

thanks for the suggestions. I've got Photoshop CS and have updated it to the latest RAW plug-in but it still doesn't work.

I've read their help files and everything, I've even looked at Photoshop CS2's camera RAW support. It doesn't support my model of camera, yet.

The CD that came with my camera somehow have gone missing. So I'm left with trying to find a software out there that will do the job.

So yeah, any software suggestions would be nice.

Thanks

James

have u tried searching on the fuji website? if not try there