FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Girls and Games

Mrs Lycos
Who says girls don't play games? I'm a big RPG fan, and I don't think it's a 'men only' field. And by the way, some girls are much better at playing than most guys out there.
nam_siddharth
Girls also play games. But there choice of games are different from that of we boys. I see almost 50% are girls/women in "Yahoo Spades". I thing, girls not like adventures games.
abone
My girlfriend likes to play empire earth and also age of emipire series.She couldn't play any game without both of them. Cool

I have tried to teach her playing different games,but she doesn't give up to play them. I don't understand why the girls usually like to play strategy games, is there any idea? Rolling Eyes
afux
girls are playing games too
but there are much more guys playing computer games

for example in counterstrike
because it is about shooting more guys like it and play it
the computer games industries are more specified on computer games which are made for boys

but i like girls who play games Razz
SunburnedCactus
My mum gets addicted to Tetris! Laughing

Seriously, I had to confinscate the gameboy or she wouldn't have stopped. Ever.
Hanpusu-kun
I know a lot of girls that play games.
Its kinda fun actually.

And The Sims really breaked the barrier
djcaution
I think it's hawt when cool chicks like videogames. Cool
Panthrowzay
Girls play really popular games and practice them like mad crazy it is crepy sometimes if a girl can play a game she will be good at it, and fellow guys watch out for them.
Wd_removed
Girls own me at games.. When they can actually get the controls..
Israfel
Yeah, the Sims definitely appeals to girls. No surprise either, they finally have the opportunity to control every aspect of other people's lives Wink
TonkPilz
we all know that girls do play video games too but the computer games market is dominated by boy's 85% of PC-GAMERS to day are male
and console gamers the diffrens isent as big but the male side still weigh more than the female. i dont really know why this is and i dont tink its coz of the selection of games out ther.
Varun
i do agree that girls play games, but better than guys i dont think so, it really depends upon the person ur playing it with, if the guy has not played that game then offcourse you will win it, the point is if both of you have played the same game then i really think that the chances of the gilr winning the game is very low...i am not trying to be mean or something, it is just the fact, so accept it
Eyre
Israfel wrote:
Yeah, the Sims definitely appeals to girls. No surprise either, they finally have the opportunity to control every aspect of other people's lives Wink

owned
Mrs Lycos
The fact that the game Industry is mainly aimed at boys really makes me sick. Most of the time you can get only to play either an ugly muscular troglodyte or a beyond-reality sculptured girl. Don't they realize that girls play those games too, and that they may not like that?
bkatz
Mrs Lycos wrote:
Who says girls don't play games? I'm a big RPG fan, and I don't think it's a 'men only' field. And by the way, some girls are much better at playing than most guys out there.

you are one of the few...and i wish girls at my school played games, most think its for nerds Wink
JaeCee
Well I know some girls who play games .. but they tend to be complete noobs (even though they enjoy playing). Quite cute to watch actually.

Then there's girls I know impersonally (net and stuff) - there's really no difference in skill between males or females. It's either you're good or crap.
zoombinimatt
i know girls who play computer games. My friend Steph is absolutely obsessed with FF. and i know alot of other girls who play a wide variety of games.
Haku
Who didn't know that girls do play games?
Ofcourse they do!
Lol!
SilverDogg
Mrs Lycos wrote:

who said anything about the opposite? O_o
where did this come from all of a sudden? o_O

if you said this like... 5-10 years ago it would be more understandable, but nowadays girls are pretty common players.
5C1
got many female de friend play gunbound de
there wre many game that design very cute tt gal like such as maple story,ro..
Hanpusu-kun
SilverDogg wrote:

who said anything about the opposite? O_o
where did this come from all of a sudden? o_O

if you said this like... 5-10 years ago it would be more understandable, but nowadays girls are pretty common players.

Its very good that girls are playing games nowadays.
I think that of course ;P
DarkAngel
Girls can play games just as well as guys can. Half of my friends(who are girls) are addicted to video games so much that it can get annoying at times. They talk about Final Fantasy 24/7... I'm not really a gamer, since I lack the money to buy a PS2 and $60 games, but I go to friends' houses and play Kingdom Hearts or DDR sometimes(although I seriously suck...).
nakamaru
djcaution wrote:
I think it's hawt when cool chicks like videogames. Cool

Yeah it is hot when girls play video games. Like Morgan Webb for instance. She's the host of G4TV's X-play and isn't exactly hard on the eyes.

jarcelao
Girls are definitely SIMS-addicted...

My wife can attest to that. She used to have no interest in playing computer games but when she first played The Sims, her view of computer gaming have been completely changed.

Now, she's addicted in playing The Sims 2... Cool
BlackMask
Girls own me at games.. When they can actually get the controls..
ManweSulimo
I don't know any girls that play "real games"... or none that would admit it at least. The only games I ever see girls playing are Sims, Solitaire, Tetris, etc.

This site encourages me and gives me hope for a better world, in which hot chicks take a mouse or controller into their hands and totally kick azz!

http://www.fragdolls.com/us/

You should check it out, it's very inspiring.
Arnie
Eyre wrote:
Israfel wrote:

owned
My thoughts exactly!
jeffleo
It's not unusual to see girls play games. And it ain't a "man-zone" or whatever. We play because we enjoy it. So if girls enjoy it too, why not?
raman
On RTS games like Starcraft and Warcraft 3, 99% of the players are male...
MrStone
my woman keeps hogging City of heroes. I need to play my toon everyonce in a while. I think its great when i try to talk to her and she tells me to stop bothering her beacuse she's in a big fight.

I need my woman and my game back
GDG
Actually, girls like to play strategy games because they're smart. No I am not saying that we men are dumb, actually I'm a straight A so far guy and yet i have time to play PSP, MMORPG's, and more!!!! But when you see a hot girl playing games, you have gotta love that. I mean think about it guys don't we want our women to love games so that they won't boteh rus about how much we play???
vignesh_natraj
Girls do play games but they play that is soft like Sims and many statergy games.They don't like violence or games that produce high sounds and blood.We guys must welcome this change.
I heard that a girl had won a Quake competition pitting agaist many boys. So don't take them on the lighter side of things.
5C1
now gonna have ragnarok2 donno girls like it or not~ Question Rolling Eyes
Kelcey
Mrs Lycos wrote:
The fact that the game Industry is mainly aimed at boys really makes me sick. Most of the time you can get only to play either an ugly muscular troglodyte or a beyond-reality sculptured girl. Don't they realize that girls play those games too, and that they may not like that?

Unfortunately guys play games more than girls... that's why they're creating their games towards males. Of course they don't want to create their games for the mintory.
ainieas
I can say that girls do play violent games. The girls in my group (of friends) are addicted to Unreal Tournament and Quake. Wink

My little sister is crazy about Tomb Raider. Very Happy