FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

PHPBB2 Avatar Problems

lykaios
The past two times i've installed PHPBB2, I've tried to upload an avatar, and gotten the following error.

Quote:
Warning: copy(./images/avatars/923344901439cb1a14b36b.jpg): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/lykaios/domains/alphans.frih.net/public_html/phpBB2/includes/usercp_avatar.php on line 286

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/lykaios/domains/alphans.frih.net/public_html/phpBB2/includes/usercp_avatar.php:286) in /home/lykaios/domains/alphans.frih.net/public_html/phpBB2/includes/page_header.php on line 483

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/lykaios/domains/alphans.frih.net/public_html/phpBB2/includes/usercp_avatar.php:286) in /home/lykaios/domains/alphans.frih.net/public_html/phpBB2/includes/page_header.php on line 485

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/lykaios/domains/alphans.frih.net/public_html/phpBB2/includes/usercp_avatar.php:286) in /home/lykaios/domains/alphans.frih.net/public_html/phpBB2/includes/page_header.php on line 486

Both times i got that error, and i do not know what is causing it. Anyone know whats causing it? And how i can solve it?
Kestrel
When you install phpBB2, do you use the same files as before? That is, are you using the same downloaded zip for a source of the installation? If so, you may want to try to get a new download of it, as some files may be corrupt, have messed up coding, or just missing period.
lykaios
No, i go to the site and re-download the zip every time, I thought of that too.

If only it were that simple.
Kestrel
What site? If it's somewhere other than http://www.phpbb.com/ I wouldn't trust it. If you've installed mods/hacks, it may be something with them. Or possibly something in your forum settings.

*edit* Nice site by the way.
jeddy
those php is always so hard to work with, i can never really do much with it, i can only make it work when all the script is set out neatly.
lykaios
I've decided just to disable uploading avatars. They can just link to offsite avatars. Thanks for the help anyway.
Marston
I know what your problem is - delete any space at the bottom of the pages usercp_avatar.php and page_header.php. That should fix it. All "Cannot modify header information" errors are caused because of extra hard breaks at the bottom of files. Smile
n0obie4life
Remove all the "blank" lines after

?>

at the end of every script that caused that error.
n0obie4life
Remove all the "blank" lines after

?>

at the end of every script that caused that error.
wrightbros
hey i had the same problem when i tried phpbb a long time ago; i don't think i ever found a fix tho, so good luck and sorry i couldn't help more! it did serve me very well though (phpbb), and that was a version 1-2 years old compared to now, which is probably much better and bug free.