FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Pink Panther - The new pic.

colilon
Well, I am really excited...

I love Pink Panthe - Both films and tv show.

Now, this one is with two brilliant actors - Jean Reno & Steve Martine.

So, I is Really exPecting to c this pic...

Wat about ya?

P.S.
If ya'll want i'll post some pics and the plot here...Smile
mrblah
Well it was given the so-called kiss of death when it was bumped from a summer movie to the winter. Hopefully it won't matter much. It will be nice to see Steve Martin in a movie that isn't about family values.
indeedwrestling
I am definately looking forward to seeing this film. However, the previews and clips I've seen have really underwhelmed me. For instance, there is a "turn off your cell phone" advert that was playing before Narnia that I saw this week. Steve Martin's accent was just intolerable. I love the Pink Panther films and they work because Peter Sellers was a master at characters and physical comedy. Steve Martin has definately done a lot of comedy but most of the time his characters are very similar. He has wacky mode and philosophical mode. Arrogrant, ignorant, confused French detective isn't one of them. I think it's going to come off more like "Son of the Pink Panther" and less "Pink Panther". Alas!
Scaramanga
indeedwrestling wrote:
I am definately looking forward to seeing this film. However, the previews and clips I've seen have really underwhelmed me. For instance, there is a "turn off your cell phone" advert that was playing before Narnia that I saw this week. Steve Martin's accent was just intolerable. I love the Pink Panther films and they work because Peter Sellers was a master at characters and physical comedy. Steve Martin has definately done a lot of comedy but most of the time his characters are very similar. He has wacky mode and philosophical mode. Arrogrant, ignorant, confused French detective isn't one of them. I think it's going to come off more like "Son of the Pink Panther" and less "Pink Panther". Alas!

I agree with this. Don't get me wrong, I think Martin WAS (keyword) a very funny comedic actor, especially in his early films like The Jerk, The Man With Two Brains and All Of Me. But these days he should stick to his more introspective roles like L.A. Stories and Grand Canyon (and I'm hoping Shopgirl, I haven't seen it yet.) And yes, I don't think anyone will ever be able to take Sellers' place, as he was a brilliant character actor. I'm not even sure WHY they felt the need to remake this.
krazyfire
Martin is a great comedy actor and his fits into this role easily
finlytics
I saw the show on PBS where they conferred the Mark Twain award on Steve Martin this weekend, they showed a clip of pink panther on that show, I just loved it, it was a scene in which Steve is trying to learn to say , I would like to buy a hamburger, he has a very thick French accent in the movie. the scene was just hillarious, so i am pretty upbeat about the movie.
De_Luis
Inspector Clouseau was and is in my eyes just Peter Sellers and nobody else, certainly no Steve Martin, who isn;'t even funny. The fact that Jean Reno is in the movie though, could still make it downloadable. Wink