FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How difficult is to be fair!

alja
When we have for some circumstance "power" over others, like a boss, teacher, father, etc. our word is the last sentece and that means that what we decide it'll become. The question is how many times we haven't been fair because of a missjudge, because we heard from somebody or we thought that it was different and then... !we were wrong! but is too late, is done! Has it happen to any one, then whats is best to do?
andywill
once there was a boy called jim.............................................................................................and he died Laughing
CMA
Admiting your mistake and honestly apologizing goes a long way. Throw away your pride and dignity if you have to. Rolling Eyes
a.Bird
CMA wrote:
Admiting your mistake and honestly apologizing goes a long way. Throw away your pride and dignity if you have to. Rolling Eyes

I agree. There is something much more respectable about a person who goes by the good of his character rather than the good of his own benefit. In other words, as CMA put it, to throw away your pride in order to display a sense of understanding that is so powerful it changes who you are as a person, says much more about your personality than your bigotry and unwillingness to become a bigger person.
Kestrel
andywill wrote:
once there was a boy called jim.............................................................................................and he died Laughing

Don't spam.

Anywho, I would just keep on going along like I was right. Sure, you may be wrong, but doesn't hurt to say that you're right. Wink
morat
stick to your initial opinion/judgement/idea for as long as you can Smile

go to great lengths to self justify, explain to the extreme your reasons for the decision

if all else fails and you find it impossible to justify, then admit with dignity that "yes i may have been wrong, but i made the choice with the best of intentions"

bow gracefully and then run to the hills :p
cnnet
I always misjudge things
when I met them goes aginst my ipinion
S3nd K3ys
Jim was a good, good boy. He will be missed greatly.
SunburnedCactus
Best damn worker I ever had. Loved his job.
S3nd K3ys
SunburnedCactus wrote:
Best damn worker I ever had. Loved his job.

It's rare indeed. Here's to hoping you find a quick replacement! Cool
raver
CMA wrote:

riiiiiighttttttttttttttt...ofcourse....we can all tell nice stories about what means to be good and nice...but how many people do that? Would you apologize? maybe, although the chances are slim....and they are the same for 99% of the readers of this post...
And besides, remember something that will help you in your life: The boss is always right Very Happy

If you are in a leading position you can`t just say that you are wrong..people will think poorly of you...

So, where do you think Jim is...heaven or HELL? Very Happy
alja
raver wrote:
riiiiiighttttttttttttttt...ofcourse....we can all tell nice stories about what means to be good and nice...but how many people do that?

I guess this is the point, how many of us is really willing to overcome the pride and be humble enough to bow and say I'm sorry, my bad.
it is even worst when the person is somebody that you just "don't like" because the way she or he is.
CMA
I speak for myself, but I'm used to being wrong Rolling Eyes