FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I have Another Suggestion...

wumingsden
I am just currently adding this Mod to my forum right now. Its called Topics Anywhere 1.11.0.
Its kind of hard to explain but here goes:

If you place it in a public directory then your users can enter information to make a RSS feed that lets them see the last posts made, or any other option they choose.
You can also have the code in JavaScript which you can put on any site. (I think this would be good if you placed it on www.frihost.com).

Here is more info:
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=72782
Bondings
We already have an rss page which is very slow and might be removed soon. This won't be different, I suppose. It's a good idea and script, but not needed at the moment for Frihost.
Marston
Actually, I've found that Topics Anywhere is really really fast, because, I think it doesn't create seperate RSS pages... I think.
EVILSKAAP
Maybe the reason for finding that its fast is because you have not tried it on a site as large as frihost. The script will still have to work through the topibs and generate the pages, so it will still be slow after all. NJOY
Bondings
I might be trying it out in a few weeks, but I doubt it will be fast enough for me.
n0obie4life
[troll]
You know, bbcodes are like 1000000x easier to install..statistics stuff too Rolling Eyes
[/troll]