FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Security (Alert)

vietboy
I am also joined t-hh.us since they have begun to popular their service. At the first time, they used phpbb forum but they was hacked by some hacker. Then they used IPB2.0, in a long time, there's nothing happen. Still now, they decide to lincense a VBB forum. Unforturnely , after buying a forum, they was hacked again:

Quote:
NEVER MESS WITH MARDOXX

RE HACKED BY MARDOXX

I AM THE GOOD GUY

Now they are hacked and right now they are reparing their server http://t-hh.us Rolling Eyes

I think frihost should check and secure ur hosting out to avoid hacking case like t-hh.us Rolling Eyes
Bondings
Do you mean the security of the forum or the server? The forum is backed up very regularly, so it wouldn't cause much damage.
vietboy
I worry about the bad of security in phpbb cause i used it same to frihost, also everyone worry it too Rolling Eyes
WickedGravity
I really wouldn't worry too much about a hacker here.

From what it looks like, you are talking about Forum hackers.

And like Bondings said, the forum is probably backed up on a dail, if not more often, basis.

ANy fun they had would be quickly erased.
Maka
If a hacker wants to achive something they will, wow we just have a back-up and up we go again. Back up is the key.
vietboy
I thinks right now they are baking up their server and i hope they wont be lost any database, i am worry for them right now Crying or Very sad
Maka
vietboy wrote:
I thinks right now they are baking up their server and i hope they wont be lost any database, i am worry for them right now Crying or Very sad

I just took a look at there site, it's sad to see people take down free hosting sites, they offer so much for nothing an ignorant people have to ruin it. Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad
vietboy
OMG, so all the free account include me also been suspended, http://vietboy.t-hh.us << huhuhu Crying or Very sad
Why they didnt back up like frihost, huhu, i am crying alot right now Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
meangurl
lol, i've heard about this at freewebspace a while ago... they seem to be very good for starters but that hacking kinda ruined their reputation.. but at least they stayed honest in some way (like telling the people that they were hacked and all that crap)

but anyway.. yeah... backing is the key alright... also upgrading to the latest forum version... phpbb's just too vulnerable.. especially the vulnerability for SQL injections.
n0obie4life
vietboy wrote:
I worry about the bad of security in phpbb cause i used it same to frihost, also everyone worry it too Rolling Eyes

dammit that ain't true Razz.

if thers a hacker trying to exploit phpBB, it will be noticed almost immediately. then a patch will be up in lesser than 5 minutes..

maybe its because of their settings?
homer09001
vietboy wrote:

if you look up teh bug versions of teh last 2 version of phpbb you wil not there is very little if any security issues now there are so many measurs in place with phpbb15 for example to get in teh admin panel u have to login twice so it is extremely secure and you can even get mods that backup your databse for your forum automaticaly
vietboy
now, they will close their server 4 ever Sad

Quote:
It is with extreme regret and anguish that I bring you this news, faithful users.. We were hacked again, for the third, or depending on who you talk to, fourth, time. Our billpayer (EddyYS), got his passwords hacked, opening up access to the forum, his email, his MSN, and the two domains. This resulted in the massive deletion of forum posts and accounts. As a result, he can no longer pay the bills.

As of this moment, 6:14 PM Eastern Standard Time on June 8, 2005, I do not have access to WHM. The attacker changed the password, and our former host is not able to reset it without the consent of EddyYS, who happens to be offline. However, a password would be of no use, since our subscription has been cancelled. There is nothing I can do but watch T-HH waste away.

Those of you who still have accounts, please backup your data immediately.

I want to personally thank each and every one of you for making my time, and all the staff's time at T-HH enjoyable, and for remaining loyal throughout the hard times. I wish you luck in finding a host that will suit your needs, and a community with the diversity of T-HH.

If you are in need of a host, please visit We Host Free.

Thank you, all of you.
jj45

As long as we, as humans, cannot fully conceptualize the finity of our existance, it shall remain as thus. -Unknown

Bye bye hostnest host 4ever Sad hic
n0obie4life
thats kinda sad Sad
homer09001
i think the easiest way to prevent haking is to ensure you have the most uptodate backupof yousite and forum and every time its hacked upload it again and again therefor teh hackers are gona ealise its not having a huge effect on your site and surely they will just get bored eventually
mOrpheuS
vietboy wrote:
Bye bye hostnest host 4ever Sad hic

Well I've seen that host (back in the days of webmanage), and I don't find it very surprising.

They...well leave it, don't get me started on that.
Wink