FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Video Game Music

Ivory Keys
So, anyone formiliar with video game music? I know I am! Wink Sites like www.ocremix.org and www.vgmusic.com let people share their remixes/arrangements of their favorite video game music (vgm). Other sites such as www.oneupstudios.com and www.majesticmix.com do this professionaly. if you're into video games and like the music, then you really should check these sites out! Some really great music to find there! Very Happy
MetallianRose
Ooh thanks Very Happy
The only one of those sites I've been to is vgmusic.com
I like video game music. Two of my favorite songs are Bloody Tears from Castlevania and the Metal Gear Solid 2:Sons Of Liberty theme song by Harry Gregson-Williams.
CMA
Castlevania songs are nice indeed. I also like the OST from Tales of Phantasia and many songs from the Final Fantasy series (Nobuo Uematsu is a genious, I tell ya!).

Funny, right now I'm listening to the Melty Blood OST... Laughing
MetallianRose
Yeah, Nobuo Uematsu is amazing. I love the death-metal-ish song he did for one of the older Final Fantasy games (I dont remember which one)
sotris99
http://www.laurasmidiheaven.com/indextest.shtml

Video Game Music In midi format
Ivory Keys
Yeah Uematsu is a legend for sure! Though, my all time favourite composer for vg is Yasunori Mitsuda. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yasunori_Mitsuda Check out the Chrono Trigger game and listen to the music that perfectly fits in every part. Amazing!

I think these people (and those who make tributes) show the world that game music isn't just bleebs and blobs at all and that they shouldn't underestimate the music because game music itself isn't a genre. It is so big. From jazz to rock to orchestral to trance. you name it! Yes, orchestral! Some Final Fantasy music has been arranged by Nobuo Uematsu for an orchestra (Dear Friends Concerts, FF Symphonic Suite album etc. Even the latest FF games have orchestra music.)

So all I should say is (OneUps Studios' slogan Wink ): It's Okay to listen to game music! Cool