FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Azureus magnet links faster?

steveadams617
When I go to http://www.mininova.org/ I sometimes see a link called Azureus magnet link next to the regular torrent link. I downloaded Azureus and clicked on one of these links and Azureus started up and gave me pretty amazing download speed. I'm guessing that's just a fluke and that it is just another way to make availability of files known. It's not usually faster, is it? Below is a cut and paste from Azureus's website about what a magnet link is. Again, central question is: are magnet links faster?

1.1.1 Magnet Links
For torrents that are tracked decentrally, Azureus can export a "Magnet Link". This is of the form "magnet:?xt=urn:btih:..." and can be used to download the torrent from the distributed database via the "open->url" menu item.
votd
Quote:
When I go to http://www.mininova.org/ I sometimes see a link called Azureus magnet link next to the regular torrent link. I downloaded Azureus and clicked on one of these links and Azureus started up and gave me pretty amazing download speed. I'm guessing that's just a fluke and that it is just another way to make availability of files known. It's not usually faster, is it? Below is a cut and paste from Azureus's website about what a magnet link is. Again, central question is: are magnet links faster?

It's usually faster, when you use Azureus itself. I don't think it's Magnet thing, I think it's only your good luck, maybe some seeds connected or peers with high quota? I don't think anything can make your Torrent speed - it's only your luck and the appearance of the seeds and peers whichever.

To say the truth, I have been in thousand of forums where people said they are stuck in xx% and there are no seeds. I never met with situation like that,maybe there were low speeds, but I never gotten stuck by myself in downloading a torrent. Thus, I'm still using Azureus, BitTorrent orginal client sucks - absolutely no interactive, slow downloads and if you disconnect and reconnect you lose some of file. Pathetic.