FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

why do you post message on this forum??

why do you post message on this forum??
For the hosting
75%
 75%  [ 21 ]
just for the forum
25%
 25%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 28

hassine
this sondage it's very important because i see a lot of messages without any interesting contain... for me it was an obligation but now i love forums.
Kestrel
Personally, at first I was posting here only for the hosting. But now that I have spent time here I have come to really enjoy posting articles here. At first it was more of a chore. Wink
Daniel15
I post here to help people with support questions Very Happy

That's what I do at every web hosting forum I go to. It's just easy for me to do, because I know a lot about hosting and problems people encounter.
ajoaktree
No offense intended, but I really think you should add another option to you poll. As someone above said, I started here for the hosting but now I enjoy the forums. I really post here for BOTH now. IMHO you should add a both option.
nilsmo
Most of the time I am posting to keep the points in the black digits... But I still enjoy posting occasionally.
David_Pardy
I found a great free host, with the only real requirement being that you make a good contribution to an online community.

I enjoy the discussions I have on online forums, and I get free hosting by participating. It's a win-win scenario.
Nameless
For the hosting. At first I thought it would be great posting in such a populated forum, but realistically it, well, wasn't. So I just add my 2c every now and then to keep my website up. And usually try to blather on for a while so that even the most simplest of posts (such as, for example, this one) tend to take up FAR more characters than normal, thus allowing me to post less often (say, only ever second day instead of every day.). I mean, I could have just posted about three words here and gotten my point but I wanted to go the whole way and save time. Which is kind of counter-productive really when I could have answered two or three other posts by now but there you go.
a.Bird
David_Pardy wrote:
I found a great free host, with the only real requirement being that you make a good contribution to an online community.

I enjoy the discussions I have on online forums, and I get free hosting by participating. It's a win-win scenario.

Ding ding. I completely agree with you. I think it's something you begin to understand once you get into the process of maintaining your free hosting. I don't think a lot of people understand what it costs to offer the service we use here, and honostly, discussing ideas on a forum that will probably result in opening your mind and positively changing you as a person in order to get such a good hosting service is definitely a win-win situation.
cnnet
not just for free host
but also put up what I want to talk about
when you write down your thought
you'd fill fun
CMA
Seeing as I only registered today and my account isn't active yet, I'll have to say "for the hosting". Time will tell if I actually get to like the forum or not, though I will still come around from time to time to keep the website running, whether I like the forums or not.

It's a bit soon to tell for me, really... Rolling Eyes
bdoneck
i am here for the hosting, maybe if i had more time posting wouldnt be such a required task and more of a fun part of my day, but as i am here for the hosting i never post anything stupid with no meaning and i usually never even start topics i just reply to the ones that intrest me like this, to keep my posts from being spam Wink
TeK
Mainly for the hosting but sometimes I come around here when I'm bored and have nothing else to do.
shwetanshu
to be true, i just started visitng this f0rum cz i had to in order to enjoy the best free hosting.... bu now i have started enjoying the forums
charliehk
Mainly (say 70%) for hosting; however, I find it useful sometimes to seek for help; I don't mind to help others but I don't have so much expertise ...
Alienz
Mainly for hosting too. But sometimes i got alot of good info at here also Smile
raver
i post for frih$....if in real life i don`t make that much money atleast in the virtual one i hope to have enough Very Happy
Anyway, i post here 90% out of pleasure, i have 45 points everyday and when i`m finished in the evening i have over 65-70...right now i have 69 and it`s only 2 in the afternoon (14:00) ...i love to help people either in scripting or tutorials and to give my opinion on different discutions....and i like it here Very Happy
n0obie4life
I post here to beat Bondings in post count, moderate the forums (using the ever so great 'close' command), handle accounts, and just to cure a bad sickness called bordem Very Happy.
susanna mayfair
Quote:
As someone above said, I started here for the hosting but now I enjoy the forums. I really post here for BOTH now.

That pretty much sums it up for me. There doesn't seem to be the usual politics and BS that I have found on other forums. I do enjoy reading more than posting usually. I'm a bit boring and don't usually have much to say.
ocalhoun
I never used forums before, but now I'm addicted...
d'oh!
I'm now a mod on another forum.
S3nd K3ys
Damn, noobie. I'll never catch your ass. (I did catch Helios, though. )

I started, as so many before me, for the web space. But now I just like to post here.
LuiS_J
well i'll do it for both.. Very Happy Very Happy for the hosting and for the forum
tribe
The main reason we even post here is to keep out hosting; not to post. I mean I can find a better board than this and I own it! Anyways its a great service and hopefully will continue to grow and limitations will decrease.

Thanks Frihost!

SunburnedCactus
It's like a home away from home for me. Comfy furniture, great food, and a nice warm fireplace. Cozy! Wink
KHO
At first, l'm sure just like the rest of you, l had forums of my own l posted in and was happy in them, and the thought of having to maintain a regular post count was a dread to me. However it only took about two or three days for that to change, now it is quite fun here, and the inchorentness of my previous forums and the diverse community here have driven me to stay here permanetly. And l am glad for one, l think this is one of the first forums l've been in where most everyone is smart, yet not a stale crowd who would only seek to post codes and such (l like coding and what not, but sometimes it get to be where you feel like your talking to a bunch of machines on such forums, and then l would leave and never return to that dank grey land).

And l think anyone posting just for the hosting (besides those with less then fifteen posts) haven't really given this site a chance, and they need to just relaxe and have a little fun in here. Who knows, we could rock their world so to speak.
shamil
Never post message just for points. If so forum quality will decrease. I think it is almost impossible. Because if you don't have real reason for writing eventually you will give up posting while writing it. I have experienced it. Wink
Summer
noobie4life wrote:
I post here to beat Bondings in post count, moderate the forums (using the ever so great 'close' command), handle accounts, and just to cure a bad sickness called bordem .

And I post here to beat noobie4life in post count . Cool
n0obie4life
3744 - 299 = 3445 more posts to go. And it's increasing rapidly Very Happy.

Oh well Razz
Summer
lol , don't you laugh at me . Just wait , you will see . Cool
linux1993
Actually, I am posting on frihost for hosting my websites drived by php and mysql
ankitdatashn
To be frank I need my websites to stay functional and fine... Smile
inuyasha
Same here, @Kestel, @nilsmo, etc~ At fist I posted simply for hosting. I couldn't imagine that posting in a foreign language could be fun. Sometimes I would also just practice writing.
Wink But now it changed~ I communicate here.
deanhills
inuyasha wrote:
Same here, @Kestel, @nilsmo, etc~ At fist I posted simply for hosting. I couldn't imagine that posting in a foreign language could be fun. Sometimes I would also just practice writing.
Wink But now it changed~ I communicate here.
You're right inuyasha. For me I've learned a lot about communication here. Cool
the-guide
I love this forum so much. Very Happy
But truly, who know, I post for free hosting and also,
you see, no cover up, I offer something on my signature. But never got even a penny... Crying or Very sad
Please buy from me if you need one, very thanks. Laughing Laughing Laughing

(Don't serious! Razz )

| |
| |
| |
| |
VV
abhizz
Sometimes for hosting and always for forum Laughing
Cosmoslayer
For the hosting of course! XD
Insanity
I do both, because I want the hosting and it's a good place to ear out thoughts on random subjects.
cybersa
For both.
But mostly for Hosting only.
Ankhanu
Initially, I was posting just to gain/maintain my hosting... but now I have my own server running at home, and I don't really have anything big hosted here. I come here to chat with the users; if I lost my hosting, I wouldn't care, and I'd likely still be here.
deanhills
I love my hosting. I've also got hosting elsewhere and this is my most favourite hosting. My posting is however more about being part of Frihost, than the points I have to make to keep my hosting account alive. I sort of got hooked at some point in time and it's become a daily routine for me. If I didn't post for the day it feels as though I've neglected to do something.