FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Check it out!!

CECIL MACLEOD
My website is just a generic site for my mine and my fathers company. Its a small plumbing business in Halifax, Nova Scotia and as far as I've seen we are the only one here with a website. I hope to be able to bring us more business this way and help other small companies in our area with advertising needs. The service from Frihost so far has been great. If anyone has any comments, suggestions, or tips on how I can advertise better please feel free. A favor done is a favor returned!!

Remember I did this in Frontpage in a day so I know there is plenty of room for improvement. Thanks for any and all input.

Happy Holidays Everyone!!
tingkagol
Whoa... pretty crude indeed. Smile I think you should replace the background image with something that doesn't contrast too much with content. And the font too. The top banner is too big.

On the contrary, the content pretty much hits bullseye though. *thumbs up* Straight to the point: Company name, contact numbers, address... no bullsh**. I like it. Cool
wistom
The background not very good.
The top banner is too big.
Hunterseaker
I agree header mutch to big,
your whole site is a bit big, de space between the items is also realy big.
try to make it well-organized and simple, especially when it's a site for a company, customers want's to see the contents of a site quickly and they want a good quickly view of the products and sevices your company offers. now its a bit a mess and not well-organized, try to make it a bit more simple, especially the background dindnt look very professional
so try to keep it all simple and then you have a great site
good luck with it:p
i hope you understand the critics
andywill
hey....pretty nice site there. the header is a bit to big, but other than that its pretty cool. i agree with huntseeker
andywill
oh btw, its cool
andywill
really cool.....
andywill
sorry Rolling Eyes
CECIL MACLEOD
I've made some adjustments over the weekend. Does it look any better?
I'm gonna try some other design pregrams later. I just wanted to get something out there for now. Do you think the company logo should be the same size as the "Home" bar?
CECIL MACLEOD
What size should my images be to fit properly in a baground image using Frontpage?? I have no problems getting criticed by the way. Keep it coming. I just started using the program on friday for the first time.
tingkagol
Yeah, the size of the "home" banner is most likely enough for the top banner. The background image takes too long to load.

Anyway, just resize the top banner to a width a little wider than the "home" banner and center the whole thing. That would be a nice start. Smile People are annoyed reading content that goes from end to end of the monitor.

Nice work for a first-timer though. Wink
mele
Gotta say, nice overally, might want to work on them top banners, they kinda stick out too much, but other then that great job. 7/10.
salman_500
hey nice.....but 75% of ur site is the banner..
CECIL MACLEOD
Lookin any better??
CMA
Too... much... contrast...

The top banner is huge, mate. And dark blue against orange doesn't go so well. Try to reduce that logo on the top (and improve it a little, maybe?) and the reduce the "home" banner and other similar ones. Also, the "feedback" link doesn't work well on Firefox, which is a shame.

Apart from that, the layout looks alright to me, though you should leave the [News], [Services] and [Suppliers] links available from all other pages. It makes surfing through the website a lot faster and easier.

Keep it up! Wink