FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Suggestion for the Google search box

Daniel15
I noticed that you added a Google search box on the FriHost forum index, and I'm wondering, why don't you use AdSense for Search?

See https://www.google.com/adsense/ws-overview . Google ads appear on the search results, and you get money for clicks on the ads (the same as AdSense for Content)
Devil
i think the forum is already too much populated with ads ,

but search will give extra income , so if it helps the site to make money then no problem ,
dark_one
You can only have so much Adsense on the net mate, and there's too much of it already Very Happy
Bondings
The current search box is from adsense and it is useful for searching on Frihost. But nobody seems to be using it.
dark_one
Bondings wrote:
The current search box is from adsense and it is useful for searching on Frihost. But nobody seems to be using it.

I actually never click on advertisements... I don't know why, they just never appeal to me...

*EDIT* and I missed the total point--I actually always use bidvertiser.com, because they have content realted to your website AND the country that the visiting IP is from-I'm not sure if Adsense does or not, because I have never looked into it... Just a little suggestion Very Happy
mathiaus
I find the actual forum search better as its more specific.
And it keeps on the foukm rather than going away to google and then back here again
althalus
Is there any chanse you'll be moving the search box to another location and/or lessen the Featured Discussions as I have to scroll a bit just to get to the actual forum. A bit annoying.. Confused
Bondings
I will lessen the featured discussions for sure. I will most likely replace the search box with other ads and place it somewhere else.
babumuchhala
i wud suggest u rather take it above the Featured Disscussion box and increase the length to say "80" And also i suggest making the background to white.
Bondings
babumuchhala wrote:
i wud suggest u rather take it above the Featured Disscussion box and increase the length to say "80" And also i suggest making the background to white.

There were 7 searches today, including a few of myself. Changing the background and the size won't change this, I suppose. Wink
mathiaus
radical idea:
change the featured discussions to misc or something. In each box put something different such as row 1 and 2 could be some good topics, 3 could be a search 4 could be staffy of the week or something different like that? Reducing the size of eveything and tying it all in together. Wink
babumuchhala
Bondings wrote:
babumuchhala wrote:

There were 7 searches today, including a few of myself. Changing the background and the size won't change this, I suppose. Wink
So then remove it from index_body.tpl and just place it in Overall_header.tpl

That way it will be on every page of frihost forums. This will suerly improve the searches Very Happy