FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Girls in business

Alie
It's interesting, how many girls in this portal use hosting service and how many girls build their sites by themselves... Wink

And what about you? Wink
otiscom
There is no reason why women shuldn't do it.

They are capable, intelligent and artistic enough to make a living out of it if they so wish.

And I am male!
drtooty
MOST WOMEN SPENT ABOUT 12 HRS ONLINE AND 12 HOURS INFRONT OF THE MOIRRORS
HA HA
DRTOOTY.TK
PatTheGreat42
Wait... I think some of them sleep occasionally.
andywill
PatTheGreat42 wrote:
Wait... I think some of them sleep occasionally.

lol Laughing
David_Pardy
So far in this topic I'm seeing a lot of lady-bashing...

That's pretty sad.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with women who know how to use computers, operate heavy machinery, work on cars, etc. The only reason a lot of guys pick on such women is because THEY'RE JEALOUS.

No guy wants to be out-done by a woman in a race or something!
Mrs Lycos
Women tend to be better than men in many aspects, and many guys see this as a threat to their 'manhood'. Personally, I run a couple of websites and I work in a programming and design team, we are developing a web-based game. I love programming, designing, and RPg games, which I sometimes play. That doesn't mean that I don't manage my household alright. I've just had a baby girl a couples of weeks ago, and we are doing great. My husband supports me a great deal, suppose it's because he's a programmer himself and we are working together all the time.
SeoJi
I'm a guy and I agree with the above, sort of. I don't think any sex is better at one thing then the other. Though it's true, women are very capable at anything we do. In fact, I see alot of web sites in which are run by women/girls and they usually, actually, most of the time look alot better then a guys website and they rake in alot of members at forums, just for being girls. I'm never surprised anymore when I see a woman do something better than a man, at what usually noted as the guy dominated thing.
raver
well i can say that in the past two years in which i am with my girlfriend she now know almost as much as me about computers, and now she wants me to teach her programming (keep in mind that she is a student of foreign languages), after i will teach her php and c++ she can esily take over my job Twisted Evil
windval
drtooty wrote:
MOST WOMEN SPENT ABOUT 12 HRS ONLINE AND 12 HOURS INFRONT OF THE MOIRRORS
HA HA
DRTOOTY.TK

really

i don't believe it
carriage_return
While the fact that women are making their own sites and gloating in their all mighty internet geekiness is not, per se, surprising; the same fact could (and probably is) surprising to most lads and lassies. To accept the first thing I said means to avoid comments like "women can do every thing we [males] can", or "women are so much better doing some stuff than us [males]"; to accept the first thing means looking at those sentences and being able to replace the word women with any of the following words (not an extensive list): short people, tall people, medium size people, blondes, brunettes (or dark haired people if you may), bald people, black, white, yellow, purple (there must be some out there), christians, muslims, worshippers of [fill in the blank], and so on. The result: well, you can still say the sentence but it doesn't make much sense "oh yeah, short people can write as good as bald people, sometimes even better".

In regards of the second statement. Even regarding what I said earlier, the abundance of girls in enviornments like this (and specially in all things geek related), gives us some kind of eye opening, mind boggling experience. We are just not used to it, and tend to look both ways as if we were the unlucky boy who entered the wrong classroom on his first day at the University. I believe this not to be a huge problem though, it used to happen to me (before I met my wonderful and geeky fianc่) and if I need to say something about it sounding honest, all that I can muster is some sort of: "it's not a big deal".

Having said that, lassies of all corners, good luck with the webs and most of all, have fun.

carriage_return