FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Design tips plz

billybob
Hi i have recently made www.poxyproxy.com after sorting a few bugs it is now finaly working Very Happy what it does is enable you to visit blocked sites at school college or work etc. but i now need help on the lay out if anyone has any ideas for improvements i would greatly appreciate them.
thanks
ryan
NuniPio
this may be a bit off topic..but where were these kinda sites when i was in skool?? Mad ohh well i guess i can use it wen i start working Very Happy
Marston
Hahaha, I used this at school just the other day Razz. The layout's basically fine, except for the colors - try to go with some more subtle colors. A site like this doesn't really need an over complicated design - it would only slow down the surfing process. That's my opinion, anyways.
billybob
thanks for using the site! Very Happy plz tell your freinds about it, i'll see what i can do about the colours
raver
take example from google...simple is best...just one thing....you should change the brown color from the footer ...it is really hard to read on a black background...try using yellow or a light blue
loverboobs
Wow a very cool site. Do u use public proxies? I like the design too. Its simple and effective. I just bookmarked your site Cool
Arcath
the layout is generally good for what it is

love ht site, will use it in school.......they have blocked all the other, love the other links page Very Happy
pudovkin
Yeap: the colors are a little shocking.
Avoid the red over the black (or try to use a brighter red), that light blue with black. The bold style in the URL box makes readbility difficult.
The navigation bar: try a little narrower bar. Avoid the red over green.
billybob
pudovkin wrote:
Yeap: the colors are a little shocking.
Avoid the red over the black (or try to use a brighter red), that light blue with black. The bold style in the URL box makes readbility difficult.
The navigation bar: try a little narrower bar. Avoid the red over green.

ok i'll see what i can do when i get the time probaly this weekend
pudovkin
Good luck! Smile
solarwind
wow... nice site...

you put some thought into what people may want...

yes, i do agree, the colours are a bit too much. You should go for lighter, less contrast colours that are a bit easier to see.
billybob
Thanks for all the feed back guys but what colours do u Suggest?
NuniPio
billybob wrote:
thanks for using the site! Very Happy plz tell your freinds about it, i'll see what i can do about the colours

lol ok...just watch the hits skyrocket
Metaguy
Wow, nice, i love that poxyproxy thing too. Your website is pretty good, could use a few enchancements though. You need more.. color! So anyways yeah that poxyproxy thing is very useful, tons of sites are blocked at my school Very Happy !
boocherry
avoid using black background with white text. it is very hard to read. an the logo is difficult to read an looks very flat.
Ekie
Do somebody know a good tutorial for Adobe Photoshop CS2?
NuniPio
Ekie wrote:

youre a little off topic here..but try posting in the correct section, you mite get some replies
billybob
Ekie wrote:

:S yeah bt why u posting here
billybob
Right ive made some changes see what u guys think better or worse??? www.poxyproxy.com
Thanks
Ryan
Squeeky
Great site!!!! I didn't get to see the original but reading what people have said I think the colours are fine. They suit the topic of the site.

I definately will be using it!
billybob
right i have now installed a forum what do u think of it?
Ashims
Hi, I'm thinking you probably want something nice and clean. Simple and unobtrusive. I mean, you're site is a utility.

My suggestions:

- Plenty of padding (5-15px)
- Do a 1-2 invert of the background of the rows in the table
- For colours, perhaps pastels? (But not girly ones...) Else you go go the opposite way and go the background something like... #87581b with some thick black borders and white background to your content area...
- Get a catchy logo... someone on deviantart might be able to draw you up something nice. Else, dont have a logo area at all, just use some header styling (large fonts, maybe solid underline crossing 90% of the content area... boldish... right aligned)
- If you do get a logo... perhaps a female silhouette in a suggestive pose... suits the theme Wink
- Get rid of the borders on your main table and the ad.
- Center the ad in its table.

Just ideas Wink.

Cheers.
Ash.
billybob
Ashims wrote:
Hi, I'm thinking you probably want something nice and clean. Simple and unobtrusive. I mean, you're site is a utility.

My suggestions:

- Plenty of padding (5-15px)
- Do a 1-2 invert of the background of the rows in the table
- For colours, perhaps pastels? (But not girly ones...) Else you go go the opposite way and go the background something like... #87581b with some thick black borders and white background to your content area...
- Get a catchy logo... someone on deviantart might be able to draw you up something nice. Else, dont have a logo area at all, just use some header styling (large fonts, maybe solid underline crossing 90% of the content area... boldish... right aligned)
- If you do get a logo... perhaps a female silhouette in a suggestive pose... suits the theme Wink
- Get rid of the borders on your main table and the ad.
- Center the ad in its table.

Just ideas Wink.

Cheers.
Ash.

you put some thourght into it thanks i'll look into it after christmas as i am still at college untill the 23rd Shocked but i carnt centre the add its in its own table that the adprovider gave me and they wont let me edit the code Crying or Very sad
bnbrown
I did not work for me at the bank... I work in a bank and there is only available some sites. poxyproxy cannot even get by browsers...
billybob
bnbrown wrote:
I did not work for me at the bank... I work in a bank and there is only available some sites. poxyproxy cannot even get by browsers...

could you even access poxyproxy? because if you carnt even get onto it u obiously carnt access other sites through it if you can access it but it doesnt work it may be because You have Javascript disabled please enable it (if posible). if none of theses are/solve the problem please get back to me with more details thanks
Ryan
bnbrown
I mean I could not even reach the site.
billybob
bnbrown wrote:
I mean I could not even reach the site.

yeah i carnt do anything about that if you carnt access the site you carnt access other sites through it sorry
Ryan
BearClaw
I think the layout is very well organized and easy to use. However the color scheme is a little dull using black/whites/grays.

I think you could use something in the background of the page. Such as a repeating pattern, pinstripes, or a color fade. Something just to soften the page and add to the overall feel.
billybob
BearClaw wrote:
I think the layout is very well organized and easy to use. However the color scheme is a little dull using black/whites/grays.

I think you could use something in the background of the page. Such as a repeating pattern, pinstripes, or a color fade. Something just to soften the page and add to the overall feel.

Rolling Eyes first i was advised to tone down the colours and now there too dull Shocked hmm ill look into it
Kotwik
I have 13 yaers old, and I'm from poland and I do better sites XD
billybob
Kotwik wrote:
I have 13 yaers old, and I'm from poland and I do better sites XD

Correction "I am 13 years old and I am from Poland" Razz but can your sites do what that doest? its not really designed for the look its more the purpose Wink

I would love to see some of your sites? Very Happy