FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


private_html and https





steveadams617
In the last message of the thread:

http://frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16382&highlight=privatehtml

daniel15 writes that if you go to:

https://www.dansoftaustralia.net/

you will get a placeholder that looks similar to the placeholder that is in my private_html folder.

When I try that with my account at https://steve.frih.net I get a more generic

Hey, it worked !
The SSL/TLS-aware Apache webserver was
successfully installed on this website.

Have I messed something up with my directories that it doesn't point the right place anymore?
thnn
The place holder at https://www.dansoftaustralia.net/ is different because it is hosted on a different host. The one that you get is obviously the default one for Apache, and therefore the one that frihost use. The one at https://www.dansoftaustralia.net/ must of being changed by the host that it is on.
Bondings
You shouldn't receive that file. There are still a few problems with the server and that page is one of them. Wink
NuniPio
steveadams617 wrote:
In the last message of the thread:

http://frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16382&highlight=privatehtml

daniel15 writes that if you go to:

https://www.dansoftaustralia.net/

you will get a placeholder that looks similar to the placeholder that is in my private_html folder.

When I try that with my account at https://steve.frih.net I get a more generic

Hey, it worked !
The SSL/TLS-aware Apache webserver was
successfully installed on this website.

Have I messed something up with my directories that it doesn't point the right place anymore?


yea i have the same problem Confused
steveadams617
I understand that you have had alot of server issues lately to figure out. I'm sure I have no pressing need for security. I just wanted to make sure I didn't mess up my directory structure. I accidentally deleted my public_html folder on one of my domains and was trying to put everything back the way it was.
Daniel15
thnn wrote:
The place holder at https://www.dansoftaustralia.net/ is different because it is hosted on a different host. The one that you get is obviously the default one for Apache, and therefore the one that frihost use. The one at https://www.dansoftaustralia.net/ must of being changed by the host that it is on.


Yeah, it's a different host. Not a very good host anyway. I guess it has something to do with FriHost. That test Apache page appears on every https page I go to.

[offtopic]P.S NEVER host your site with Super FreeWEB (my host for dansoftaustralia.net). They were down for 5 days straight! And the admin never fixes everything, so I was sort of like an 'acting admin' there (I wasn't really an admin, but I contacted the data centre whenever there was a problem). And I'd like to move dansoftaustralia.net to a new server, but I forgot the DomainSite.com password (so I can't change the DNS entries) Sad. So for now now, dansoftaustralia.net is mirroring dansoftaus.uni.cc (which is on the new server I moved to). I'd like to host with FriHost, but it is only 1 account per person Sad
NuniPio
is there a fix to this problem? coz i tried replacing the files in the private_html folder and it still wouldnt work Confused
Bondings
At the moment it still doesn't work, no. I'm going to try to fix it, but it isn't really a priority as almost nobody uses it or only to test it out.
Daniel15
Heh, if it worked, then more people would use it Very Happy

Seriously though, it's useful if you need data to be encrypted. Even though it uses a shared certificate (basically, everyone on the server uses the same certificate), it's still encrypted, and that's what matters.
Bondings
daniel15 wrote:
Heh, if it worked, then more people would use it Very Happy

Seriously though, it's useful if you need data to be encrypted. Even though it uses a shared certificate (basically, everyone on the server uses the same certificate), it's still encrypted, and that's what matters.

Yeah sure I understand, it's just that i'm quite busy at the moment and making that work is certainly not easy.
Related topics
Secure Login on the first page without https://
private_html
I have this questions
HTTPS://
Deleting apache owned files on private_html
cURL https
Https ... Help?
Pergunta sobre a pasta private_html
Best way for one IP, many domains, https for all domains?
Regarding https:// and http://
Help needed with HTTPS/HTTP links
am i able to use HTTPS or any other way to make my pass safe
can't open https pages
Secure log in System
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Support and Web Hosting -> Web Hosting Support

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.