FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Tablet PC, Laptop, or PS3??

yule
Next year i am buying one of the three:
1) A Tablet PC
2) A Laptop
3) A PS3

Which one to buy????
hanay
Tablet PC all the way.

They have so many capabilities!
benjamincblunt
i think it depends actually. see I had a tablet pc in my vip booth at where I'd go to watch NHL games and all and to be honest they can be a pain in the butt. You have to keep them really clean and like everytime I tried to click in an exact location to close a window on the computer it would click like somewhere accross the screen. to be honest also though I wouldn't get a ps3 because even thought there supposed to big a big deal and everything (like all playstation products have been) my bet is there gonna be really slow and a dissappointment. Also considering game availibility with the ps3 compared to with the xbox there is no comparison. xbox now has all the grand theft auto games for it (well at least all the most recent ones) and it also has games like halo that you can't get if you get a ps3, and don't even get me started on how fast it is. When it comes to gaming trust me the only route to go is an xbox, it leaves the ps3 looking like the arcade games they made like 50 years ago. If you haven't tried it yet I'd try playing an xbox and if that's not enough 1)you can store music on it [and movies soon is what I hear] 2) You have the option open for the largest best online game play in the world (xbox live), and trust me if you haven't played on xbox live before you need to try it because honestly if it just came with xbox live i'd probably buy it. But of course that's games and computers have more capibilitys of course so I'd probably reccomend a laptop.
Donutey
wow, using the tab key would probably help... lol Rolling Eyes

i can see why you would make a choice between a tablet and a laptop... but the ps3 doesn't really fit in... not portable or pc-ish (though hopefully sony will come through and support linux on the ps3, awesome...)
falconfx
IMHO, I'd go for a notebook. I've been using one for 6 months and I can say it's fantastic.

I'd suggest you a Turion 64-based notebook with AT LEAST 512MB of RAM.

Bye! Wink
dutters
hmm that is a hard choice,
i think that i will go for a tablet pc.
only because they are just basically a computer and im not much into console gaming.
also i would not get a laptop because they are sometimes verrrrry slow
speedlikecy
1) A Tablet PC

pc can do many thing ...
but is not easy for move....
aerialdreams
I'd DEFINITELY choose the tablet PC. I mean, it's so useful, it can be moved around so easily, and you jot down notes on it so quickly! AND you can flip the screen around however you like to make it easier for you! It's so too awesome -hugs tablet pc- lol But I guess I'm a little biased... I like to draw CG on my computer, so a tablet pc is a godsend. It's the most useful thing ever! Very Happy
wikfx
I would also definatly buy the Tablet pc
lycadia
Unless you are really really going to use that touch screen feature alot, then a laptop is considerably cheaper. I've used laptops and borrowed a friends tablet for a few days and I didn't really use the tablet exclusive features enoguh for ti to be worth the 200 or so dollars difference in price I noticed between the equivalent tablet and laptop styles.
Since either one will play movies music and many games and surf the net, I'd think the PS3 would be the least practical of the three. Depends on exactly what you'd use the device for which is right for you. Obviously if you only want to play games, then the PS3 might be in the running, but otherwise, I don't see it as being useful for anything that a computer wouldn't do more effectively.
But I've tried tablets and laptops and I find that for my use as a student, the tablet isn't worth the extra money. Ideally you should try to play with a tablet and a laptop in ways that reflect how you'd be using them most often before you decide. It's so tempting to want the niftiest new gadget but sometimes, they don't do the job any better and it can be wiser to go with the more traditional version.
Your Mileage Will Vary.
magnusmoty
yule wrote:
Next year i am buying one of the three:
1) A Tablet PC
2) A Laptop
3) A PS3

Which one to buy????

when you get A Tablet PC u gonna need laptop.
42mart2
My vote goes to PC and PlayStation 3...I heard that the graphic is going to beat the X-box 360, I personaly do not like X-box, but the graphic on it looks amazing. I have Playstation 2 and play Metal Gear Solid 3 - Snake Eater, and the graphic rules! Cant wait to PS3 comes out with Metal Gear Solid 4! I saw the trailer on it and its sooo good! But PC is the best.... Wink
Steb2424
Personally, I'd buy the PS3.
But am on a Microsoft boycott and have only ever bought Playstations anyway as opposed to xbox/Gamecube etc.
izcool
Tablet PC if I were to choose, as a Tablet PC is basically a laptop that folds around where you can draw on the screen and such. I'm not into games (the newest gaming system that I own is the first PlayStation, which I never use any more) so that's just my opinion. Smile Just be aware that a Tablet PC will cost significantly more than a regular notebook would.

- Mike.
soccer10
a laptop definetely
lisa33144
My vote is for a laptop. They're portable and convienent. I am very happy with mine.
smokey4life
benjamincblunt wrote:
i think it depends actually. see I had a tablet pc in my vip booth at where I'd go to watch NHL games and all and to be honest they can be a pain in the butt. You have to keep them really clean and like everytime I tried to click in an exact location to close a window on the computer it would click like somewhere accross the screen. to be honest also though I wouldn't get a ps3 because even thought there supposed to big a big deal and everything (like all playstation products have been) my bet is there gonna be really slow and a dissappointment. Also considering game availibility with the ps3 compared to with the xbox there is no comparison. xbox now has all the grand theft auto games for it (well at least all the most recent ones) and it also has games like halo that you can't get if you get a ps3, and don't even get me started on how fast it is. When it comes to gaming trust me the only route to go is an xbox, it leaves the ps3 looking like the arcade games they made like 50 years ago. If you haven't tried it yet I'd try playing an xbox and if that's not enough 1)you can store music on it [and movies soon is what I hear] 2) You have the option open for the largest best online game play in the world (xbox live), and trust me if you haven't played on xbox live before you need to try it because honestly if it just came with xbox live i'd probably buy it. But of course that's games and computers have more capibilitys of course so I'd probably reccomend a laptop.

Seeing as i dont agree with his thoughts about the x-box....which is a whole other topic ill post on this later Wink Anyways getting off track here i have not had the problems he speaks of with the tablet pc but i still think i would go with a laptop
Gitesh
Tablet PC is the way to go., you get your most of works done not waiting to start up and close the PC operating systems.
johans
that depends on your needs.. if you are a developer then you choose the laptop... if you are just a blogger then tablets or smartphone can do that..

me, i go with laptop
briankid
in my opinion , i think laptop s the best,
busaboss
I'll choose laptop. You can also see my comparison of the two here. http://www.noypigeeks.com/featured/tablet-vs-laptop-which-one-should-you-get/
william
Uh, guys, this thread is ancient. Razz What's funny is that what was commonly referred to as a "tablet PC" in 2005 is very different from what's referred to as a a "tablet [PC]" in 2012.
tomiwoj
Ipad is thebest solution I think.
Like iPhone and iPod Touch, the iPad is controlled by a multitouch display—a departure from most previous tablet computers, which used a pressure-triggered stylus—as well as a virtual onscreen keyboard in lieu of a physical keyboard.
If you already own an Iphone 4 and have all the adapters, cabels and stuff like that, Ipad is good.
It doesn't have a flash, which is quite a big minus for me, but definitely not decisive.
Decisive was adapter, cable, charger in a car, which I use for my Iphone as well as for my Ipod Classic.

iPad is sold in Wi-Fi and cellular models. The Wi-Fi connection is used to access local area networks and the Internet. Cellular models have a 3G or LTE wireless network interface which can connect to HSPA or EV-DO data networks in addition to Wi-Fi. Since the release of iOS 5, the device does not need to be managed and synced by iTunes running on a personal computer via USB cable.

Like iPhone and iPod Touch, the iPad is controlled by a multitouch display—a departure from most previous tablet computers, which used a pressure-triggered stylus—as well as a virtual onscreen keyboard in lieu of a physical keyboard.
tomiwoj
Ipad is thebest solution I think.
If you already own an Iphone 4 and have all the adapters, cabels and stuff like that, Ipad is good.
It doesn't have a flash, which is quite a big minus for me, but definitely not decisive.
Decisive was adapter, cable, charger in a car, which I use for my Iphone as well as for my Ipod Classic.

iPad is sold in Wi-Fi and cellular models. The Wi-Fi connection is used to access local area networks and the Internet. Cellular models have a 3G or LTE wireless network interface which can connect to HSPA or EV-DO data networks in addition to Wi-Fi. Since the release of iOS 5, the device does not need to be managed and synced by iTunes running on a personal computer via USB cable.

Cosmoslayer
Can you have all cause I have them all. LOL
johans
Cosmoslayer wrote:
Can you have all cause I have them all. LOL

COOL... good for you.