FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Red Hot Chilli Peppers

frozenhead
What do you think of this band?
James Bond-007
There okay... I only like about a song or 2.
WickedGravity
Under The Bridge is good, Scar Tissue is Good, Californication is nice, there are a few others that I particularly like from them as well.
mike
i only remember the video-game music video, californication Razz
anibliss
Californication was their best album i absolutely loved it, more than 3/4 of the songs were good on that album, yay!
inesquecivel
Don't like this band...

Rolling Eyes
Arcio
Californication album.. the greatest.. i love them
cavalkaf
The older songs are much better than the new ones...
S3nd K3ys
Do they seem homosexual? I thnk that guy's name is "flea", and he seems to have some doubt about his sexual orientation.
TeNTeN
their best song is By the way.. if possible,watch their music video
caiba
The older songs are much better than the new ones,I cherish the memory of older song . Very Happy
Scott
Great band, and they do ahve some really good older stuff.
Aut0mat1c
Great band still making great music.

Too bad there arn't more bands like this around still Shocked
poggendroff
they r one of my fav bands,,, and i like
OTHERSIDE--> must hav played it a thousand times and still playing
californication-->bored after 100th time
BY THE WAY-->this song is sooooo good
SCAR TISSUE-->THE BEST

i think they were way ahead of their times...like me Twisted Evil
petgraveyard
They are okay. That describest them perfectly - okay. I don't think they are mega-special. But I don't mind hearing a song from them from time to time.
lpbrasil
I like this banda, the best album is Californication
icugaming
These guys are one of the most underrated bands that I know of. They've made some pretty different stuff and deserve a lot of credit.
tidruG
icugaming wrote:
These guys are one of the most underrated bands that I know of. They've made some pretty different stuff and deserve a lot of credit.

Well, you can't say they're underrated. The problem is that RHCP have their own unique sound. Generally, those who like that particular sound, love them almost to the point of worshipping them. And then, those that don't understand that sound or don't like it... well, they simply don't like it Very Happy

And about the people who're stuck in the middle... well, they generally hear the songs that aren't pure, typical RHCP.. those that eventually end up becoming their most popular singles... "Californication" - case in point.
icugaming
Nah, they're underrated. Everyone has heard them and there are plenty of accessible selections. Believe me, they're a lot easier to get than stuff like Radiohead or Godspeed You Black Emperor and weird stuff like that. When it comes to mainstream music, Red Hot Chili Peppers are way underrated.
tidruG
icugaming wrote:
Nah, they're underrated. Everyone has heard them and there are plenty of accessible selections. Believe me, they're a lot easier to get than stuff like Radiohead or Godspeed You Black Emperor and weird stuff like that. When it comes to mainstream music, Red Hot Chili Peppers are way underrated.

Yes, I agree... they are underrated in mainstream music. That's primarily because I don't consider them very mainstream (except stuff like "Californication" or "Scar Tissue" or "By The Way", which are their bigger hits, if you notice). That's why I wrote the whole thing about their own unique sound. What do you think?
icugaming
Definately unique sound. Bass-oriented rock band doesn't appear too often.
cavalkaf
They used to be really good, but they declined quite a bit lately.
ddukki
Red Hot Chili Peppers is awesome because they're like a mix of all the genres of music. They are a bit funk and alternative rock, mixed with hardcore rock and roll. When I first heard them, I thought they were crazy. Now, that's the reason I love them as much as I do.
impronto
all these guys songs sound the same to me.
ddukki
impronto wrote:
all these guys songs sound the same to me.

Under the Bridge sounds nothing like Give It Away or Parallel Universe or Dosed.
icugaming
cavalkaf wrote:
They used to be really good, but they declined quite a bit lately.

Wrong. Californication was their best album, as well as one of their more recent albums.
frozenhead
ddukki wrote:
Red Hot Chili Peppers is awesome because they're like a mix of all the genres of music. They are a bit funk and alternative rock, mixed with hardcore rock and roll. When I first heard them, I thought they were crazy. Now, that's the reason I love them as much as I do.

They have this innovative taste and style in making thier songs and that's why I love playing thier music for most of the time.. Wink

icugaming wrote:
Wrong. Californication was their best album, as well as one of their more recent albums.

I agree! Wink .. Under the Bridge is the song I like best!.. I'm quitely related to the song.. Idea
BioHaZaRD
They're alright I guess...
I like Californication and Can't Stop
babaoriley821
Love the Chili Peppers, Flea is such an great bass player he really brings most of the songs into full circle. Around The World is a GREAT bass song.
As for which albums are better, newer or older, it really depends on your taste. If you're into more Punk Rock mixed with Funk the older ones are obviously better but if you like more relaxed music newer ones (not that the newer ones don't have Harder stuff, I'm just saying).

John Fruciante or Dave Navarro?
ddukki
babaoriley821 wrote:
Love the Chili Peppers, Flea is such an great bass player he really brings most of the songs into full circle. Around The World is a GREAT bass song.
Flea is quite literally one of the best in the world when it comes to bass playing. I was listening to his 1:36 solo that I found and it was just crazy how fast he was playing; and it didn't sound like a slapping that usually happens when people play that fast.
tidruG
Well, honestly, i think FLea is one of the major driving forces of the band...it's not just songs like "Around the World" or the bass solos, but it's the way he crafts them into every damn song, and does it so well... tell me one god RHCP song without great bass Very Happy?
Even "Californication" or "Otherside" would have sounded ordinary with common bassing...
babaoriley821
Not to mention the Bass Line during the solo's of scar Tissue, they're not fast but the fact that they go so well with the music and yet is so diffferent is really amazing. Flea is def. one of the main factors in the greatness of the Chili Peppers.

That and John Fruciante is an excellent guitarist.
Hippie
They're not my favorite band or anything, but they are extremely talented. Out of pretty much any band out there, how many can mix genre's and flow the way they do? Lots of talent, great stage performance, and Flea is the man.
ChesterB
hmm... i' like only Californication Smile
Tom7
Great Band. especially 'Californication' Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
neneehnoisnafita
great band!! my album favorite is
Californication....the greatest.. i love them
frozenhead
Yeah! Though they are not in the top of the charts, they sound really different yet terrific!

Not like the other bands that sounds the same (monotomous) in all of there songs and yet they are in the top of the charts, bad! Mad
Love this band to death - I own both Californication and By The Way, and they're both great albums. And it's great to see a band, where members appear to work well with each other, and they aren't afraid to take chances creatively.

Flea is one of the best bass guitarists ever IMHO, and while some prefer Navarro, I think John Frusciante influenced a lot of the better songs to come off both albums.

I sometimes wonder though how a band like this could be so successful, have sold out concerts, hoards of rabid fans, and yet 90% of the song lyrics make no sense to me!

Bah, I'll be the 1st in line to get Stadium Arcadium when it comes out early next year!
windstyler
i realy love there older songs. more the songs of the cd one hot minut.last year they were paying in teh arena in holland. it was realy good. i heard there is comming a new album soon.
dsk
inesquecivel wrote:
Don't like this band...

Rolling Eyes

Ami they are charmed with to me are very good
Marston
S3nd K3ys wrote:
Do they seem homosexual? I thnk that guy's name is "flea", and he seems to have some doubt about his sexual orientation.
What the... What're you talking about?
prongs_386
i havnt listeneed to this band recently, i have liked varying songs of theirs, alot of it i havnt liked though especially some of the earlier stuff
elector
Hey
RHCP are one of the geates Rock and Roll bans of all times.

From the beginning when they were just a punk band, to now when they may be cosidered as a pop band but they grow and for all that time they where GREAT!

Long live RHCP ( if some of them don't die from overdose )!
BlackMask
I like this banda, the best album is Californication
Dragate
I like scar tissue's starting, but everything else... jsut doesn't suit me... it's not bad but it's just too empty... i guess no offence. Remember that you can see all music videos with dl at http://www.music.yahoo.com (you need an account and a media player)
krazyfire
i love there songs my personal favourites are by the way,can't stop and zepher song
Stinger
windstyler wrote:
i realy love there older songs. more the songs of the cd one hot minut.last year they were paying in teh arena in holland. it was realy good. i heard there is comming a new album soon.

Yeah anyone seen there new video? I think its Called Dani Califonia, im not sure i might be wrong, if i am please correct me, i saw it on T4 in the mornin Razz
yooksauce
test
eku53ru
I haven't heard many songs from Red Hot Chili Peppers, but the songs I have heard from them, I liked. What drew me to them had been the music (and the music video) for "Californication." I just heard one of their most recent songs, "Dani California", and I loved it as well. The band was so nice to let people listen to it via their site. Smile
innercity
Red hot are a really great band. there will be in paris the 9th of june for a great show. It will be great i hope. All tickets were sold quickly !
insolent1
S3nd K3ys wrote:

It was lied.
The band has refused it.

I know two songs of this band.
-Californication
-Other Side
huggur07
Californication album.. the greatest.. i love them
TheMentor
every old song are beautiful than the others

for example Otherside, by the way and much more
webek
I like this band!
My favourite album is Californication, and my fav songs are: easily, otherside, scar tissue, my friends, fortune faded and others...

btw. Did you saw any concert?
pencapchew
rhcp own, unlike tons of bands theyre capable of being successful and still making quality music after being around for so long
flea is jesus
the video for dani california is sweet too
Jayfarer
Flea is an amazing talent that makes all aspiring bassists like myself feel bad for even trying. For him alone, I respect the music that RHCP makes. I don't listen to it often myself, but I know it takes talent.
SkyBurner
Its my favorite band!
in may 8th their next album is commin- Stadium Arcadium.
1 of the songs is already out- Dani California- a great song.
some1 of my favorite songs-

californication
by the way
otherside
cant stop
give it away
under the bridge
scar tissu
Fortune Faded
Universally Speaking
the zephyr song
around the world

and more hat i cant remmber now.
julianmollema
well i like the last song of RHCP its called dandy california. it has a great clip on tv. (they are making only good clips on tv so i really like the band)
SkyBurner
julianmollema wrote:
well i like the last song of RHCP its called dandy california. it has a great clip on tv. (they are making only good clips on tv so i really like the band)

its dani california Very Happy
and yea, they have really nice movie clips
like californication and by the way.
sangook
i think they're gay
mafiarocker
I LOVE THE RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS! the new albums mean as

i had a listen at my mates and i love it!
nozgarth
i love then i think is the most funkky band out there.the bass is just awsome
and they really kick a**.i cant wait for their next album.they say it the best they ever released....
jsrahe
i'm also a big fan of the red hot chili peppers!
i nearly own all their albums and looking forward to their next one! Of course their songs are diffrent, so you can't like all.
But I like very many songs of them... knock me down, scar tissue, minor thing, give it away, ect... their great.
Stinger
sangook wrote:
i think they're gay

let me guess you mor e into that 50 cent stuff ya? I know i'm obviously 1 sided but i think its stupid to call them gay as you simply dont understand there music. In my opinion they are all legends!
krut
The music is great! Has been for years & still remains fantastic!

Anthony Keidis' biography Scar Tissue is a great read, even if you don't really know the history of the band. Details connections with a whole heap of other bands from then & now.
Jaufrey
I find that RHCP were good but there are in a real decline !
I prefer their 1st songs ...
jefry66
the last song is nice
9/10 NME
The new album is pleasant and enjoyable listening, but they really did go overboard. It's not just a double album, it's two ridiculously long albums together.
teriyaki
i loved the album
Mr. McCoy
Dani california ;D Really great!
Maybe their best song since Californiacation.
intrawebdesign
I specialy like the old rhcp like the album Blood Suggar Sex Magic and Californication. I think Dani California is a bid boring but the clip's awsome.
cghq
Red Hot Chili peppers are awwwwsum..... I'm lloking foward to going and purchasing their new album soon Wink
Jayfarer
Flea is amazing, the RHCP are a respectable band, but I wish they'd stop making songs about California. Enough is enough, find some new inspiration.
Kovalchuk17
they are a great band, one of the better bands. Dani california is probably one of the best songs of 2006. Thats my opinion. I also like californication, the other side, under the bridge, can't stop, and aeroplane
Marston
Their new album is horrendously overrated.
diddle
Yeah, these guys are pretty cool. I have like two albums, but some of there music is kinda gay. Theres only a couple songs i actually like and some of them sound the same.
Arcanoid
Ouuuuuu! The New Album is so F***ing great!!!!

Don't you think so? (Im mean Stadium Arcadium)
cghq
have you heard about the copying claims??? check this out: http://www.gigwise.com/news.asp?contentid=17507