FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Gimp - Watermarks

Eyre
Just an extremely simple tutorial on how to make Watermarks in GIMP:

Step One:Open up your image. Go into the Layers, Channels, and Paths window and duplicate the backround once.

Step Two:Go into the GIMP toolbox and select a nice grey for your color.
Something like this:

Back in your image, go to Filters>Text>FreeType. Select which font you are going to use, type it in, and then apply the desired size and rotation. Then click ok to apply it to your image.

Step Three:Go back into the Layers,Channels, and Paths window and select your text layer. Move it down under the duplicated Backround. Give the text layer an opacity of 50% . Then select your duplicated backround layer and give it an opacity of something less than or equal to 50%. It depends on what your aiming for.

Step Four:Preview your image. If it is what you desired, go into the Layers, Channels and Paths window again. Your layers should be in this order:

If they are not, go back to step three and re follow it. Save it as what you want and now you have a watermarked image.
n0obie4life
*waits for screenies*
Eyre
*throws screenies at n0obie* have your stupid screenies! Crying or Very sad
Dasuku
Thanks for the tutorial. A bit late for me though. I could have used this on an some old work. Wink
NerdyTerdy
I like it, pretty simple, but easy to follow Smile. Good job. No offense to anyone who didn't find it simple Razz.
ryanh2006
Thanks for the awesome tutorial mate. I just wanted to add that if you use a mac then there is a great, and free!, freeware called ImageWell its amazing for blogs and stuff and it has tons of cool features like watermarks
LostOverThere
Thank-you and good job.
Simple to follow. Smile
shigajet
Thanks for the simple tutorial! I usually use Fireworks, but I'd like to learn more on how to use GIMP. I have the portable version (on a flash memory stick) but I've been meaning to put it to good use. This is a good start.
endless
when i go to filters, i dont see the text filter :\
endless
i dont have the freetext filter, what version is yours?
Martym
Freetype plugin has been discontinued!

http://freetype.gimp.org/

Use the text tool instead
ham65
Nice tuto,simple and helpful.

Bye
gangstermo12
i cant see the pictures