FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Best movie 2005?

Valli
Tell me, which moive do YOU think is the best 2005?
traxion
four brothers and the island

those are 2 very good movies ive seen serveral times and they never borred me

what is ure favorite?
hac
I'm thinking 40 Year Old virgin, Man that was hillarious. And next I'll go with Transporter 2.
Red_Storm
"The Chronicles of Narnia" is one of the greatest movies Razz
darklighter
i loved Mr. and Mrs Smith Cool Smile
boocherry
King Kong.

That movies going to walk away with half the oscars.
kuad
Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit
prongs_386
Saw II
prongs_386
Saw II i think, although not quite as good as the first.
Well im not even sure how popular this movie is or whether it was screened around the world. It was written by two guys who live very near me in Australia
windval
Harry Potter 4 I think...
neosree
My vote also for Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
rip8fan1
1. King Kong
2. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
3. Chronicles of Narnia

Those are about the only movies I saw this year, so I can't say much about the other movies in this thread.
ejmaster
I don't think any movies that came out this year could be considered as movies let alone "best" movies. Maybe it's just me or has Hollywood stopped trying to entertain us? I am probably just bitter because I do't get out the house much. Evil or Very Mad
neosree
According to boxoffice the best movie of 2005 is:
Arrow Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith
Second and third are:
Arrow Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Arrow War of the Worlds
dxhunter
SAW II for me
kain
I'm torn... Narina or Harry Potter... They're both great!
Sappho
The Island, even thou i didnt see King Kong or Saw 2 yet but it will be hard for em to come even close not mentioning beating The Island but who knows. Smile
Alienz
For me, King Kong and Narina.
scratcher
Hide and Seek.
therestofus
Mr. and Mrs. Smith was really awesome, I still havent seen Kong, but I heard it is amazing.
matt87
The 40 Year Old Virgin and Wedding Crashers... those are the only two movies that I liked in 2005. I might have another but can't think of any... I watch way too many movies this year.
Ivory Keys
Hmm, I think King Kong will be the best.

Last but not least! Cool
djcaution
War of the Worlds was freaking amazing. And to the person who said hide and seek WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?? That's the worst movie I saw all year
djcaution
and King Kong, although great, was more like a carnival-like Jurassic Park than king kong if u ask me...
IceCameron
I am amazed that all the movies here above were either badly acted, had no plot nor story and were well... just plain bullshit

The only two i liked on this list were King kong and Hide and seek, everything else that has been mentiond here is complete rubbish!
nakamaru
Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit

and the people that voted for Harry Potter 4 probably haven't read the book because if you had you'd know that the movie didn't do the book any justice. They also changed just about everything that they didn't need to and added scenes that didn't enhance the story but just legthened it. Pick up a book. Movies like that are why people make fun of the harry potter books who haven't read them. What a dissapointment.
todabeat
The Door on the Floor

I also liked:
War of the worlds
saw 2
40 year old virgin
get rich or die tryin'
mrhansol
Chronicles of Narnia

Mr. and Mrs Smith

Wallace and Gromit

Great movies Cool
phex
No doubt: King Kong Very Happy

It's a Peter Jackson movie, what more do I need to say?
kenetix
1. Saw 2
2. Mr. & Mrs. Smith
3.War of the Worlds
And I think this is all Smile.
lisa33144
I loved "Hitch", that is one great movie! Was that 2005? I'm pretty sure it was, although I'm not 100% sure. Regardless, it was an amazing movie for anyone to enjoy!
VIPER VENOM
1 Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith
2 War of the Worlds
3 fantastic 4
Rachael
WAR OF THE WORLDS FOR SURE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cool Very Happy
ulruc
Maybe not the best action movie around here. But if you like a lot the Doom kind of games, you can't miss the Doom movie with the Rock.

For a good beating in a movie, you NEED to get a real wrestling machine to do so Very Happy

Add to this the small part of the movie where the hero move in the complex like we do in the video games and we got a good movie to watch even if it's not one of the best in the year.

Fun beat everytime greatness, unless you have greatness and fun watching a movie!
crazedjill
IceCameron wrote:
I am amazed that all the movies here above were either badly acted, had no plot nor story and were well... just plain bullshit

The only two i liked on this list were King kong and Hide and seek, everything else that has been mentiond here is complete rubbish!
I agree with this guy. Most movies mentioned suck. I haven't seen King Kong, nor am I going to because I think that will also be crap. I didn't like Hide and Seek either. I'm really critical of movies... hmm....

I liked the Corpse Bride, yo! Not as good as Nightmare Before Christmas, but it entertained me. Cool

I'm such a child. ^_^ Cool
PuNGS
I'd vote for Saw II. And I'm looking forward to seeing Saw III. This is one of the best trilogies that I saw.
syxxgage
Man, there are so many. I would have to list my top 3, and that barely scratches the surface.

My top 3 for this year are:

1) Star Wars: Episode III (C'mon. It's Star Wars.)
2) The Devils Rejects (Bloody, Violent, Sick, and Twisted... Brilliant)
3) The 40 Year Old Virgin (Funniest Damn Flick all year)
LostOverThere
Mrs Henderson Presents was fantastic.

Though, King Kong was good.
Bway Fangirl
Hello people; RENT! Amazing acting and singing- unlike last year's "Phantom of the Opera". Wilson Jermaine Heredia was brilliant as Angel, and the transition from stage to film was fantastic.

For a close second, Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit.
boringest
i think it's Hotel Rwanda...really changed the way i look at things!
MalvagioAddict
Well, the best movies of last year though in no particular order.

I loved Goblet of fire, it's the best HP movie in my opinion, I know that editing is quite disjointed thereby the flow of the movie isn't as good as the previous movies, but I enjoyed it immensely.

There's the fantastic four, which I did have fun watching although to be honest it was more the hype about it all more than anything else. The best part of the movie was the witty reparte between the thing and human torch.

The last installment of star wars is also good. I mean it's starwars of course you'd have to include it as one of the best. It's George Lucas for heaven's sake.

I also liked Chronicles, although i only saw it earlier this year.

Kingkong, no i didn't get to see it, because I hated the fact the king kong dies in the end, if they changed the ending i would have watched it. I just hoped that this time Kingkong gets the girl and since he didn't...nope didn't watch. Twisted Evil
de-nachtegaaltjes
1 Harry Potter 4
2 Narnia
3 King Kong
4 The Iland
canadol
crazedjill wrote:
IceCameron wrote:

I agree with this guy. Most movies mentioned suck. I haven't seen King Kong, nor am I going to because I think that will also be crap. I didn't like Hide and Seek either. I'm really critical of movies... hmm....

I liked the Corpse Bride, yo! Not as good as Nightmare Before Christmas, but it entertained me. Cool

I'm such a child. ^_^ Cool

You guys are so right. i mean movies are subjective and each his own but I am willing to bet that these posts are mostly by teenages (15- 1Cool. The real good movies this year have not even been mentioned (in my opinion). Narnia was great for the sure effects.

My best movie of the year was Crash. simply amazing look at how a lot of people treat eahother everyday. Honurablementions to Munich and The constant gardener
drunkfun
SIN CITY

Without a shadow of a doubt. I don't know why we're even debating it. Sin City was the most original, big budget film probably since the original Matrix.

And in a tie for 2nd place, Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith & Batman Begins

Honorable mentions:

King Kong
Crash
Wedding Crashers
diyarbekri
Hotel Rwanda
bigdan
In no particular order...

Wallace and Gromit - Curse of the Wererabbit
Sin City
Star Wars - Epidsode 3
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
LostOverThere
I haven't seen Star Wars - Epidsode 3, was it good?

And do you recommened it?
drunkfun
Star Wars Ep3

Best by far the best of the new ones. One of those films that you can seriously watch over and over again.
Camel
My types:

1. Corpse Bride
2. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
3. Sin City
4. Saw 2
drunkfun
TIm Burton is a turd
drunkfun
TIm Burton is a turd
Camel
drunkfun wrote:
TIm Burton is a turd

Laughing For you he is a turd and for me great director.
Tell me why besides special effects in Star Wars III there was nothing interesting??

I rather watch Back to the future series, all time long Twisted Evil
drunkfun
coz it was freagin cool. Good action, interesting ways to tie the plot together, Natalie Portman is hot (although not naked enough).

Tim Burton can't offer any of that

OHHH he tried once and it was called Planet of the Apes
sonictooth
Corpse Bride Very Happy
Camel
Yep, good point Twisted Evil
drunkfun
Camel wrote:
Yep, good point Twisted Evil

cheers