FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Is it possible to change the bgcolor of <iframe> in IE

Summer
In Mozilla , I successfully changed the background color of iframe by using style="background-color:#000" . But in IE , the method don't work and it show as white .
Is it possible to change the bgcolor of <iframe> in IE ?

One more question , is there any method in javascript that functions like <iframe src=""> that can show the content of other file ?

Thanks .
Stubru Freak
Summer wrote:
In Mozilla , I successfully changed the background color of iframe by using style="background-color:#000" . But in IE , the method don't work and it show as white .
Is it possible to change the bgcolor of <iframe> in IE ?

One more question , is there any method in javascript that functions like <iframe src=""> that can show the content of other file ?

Thanks .

For the first: don't think so

Second:
<iframe id="Iframe1">

Javascript:
document.GetElementById["iframe1"].src="source.htm";
Or something like that.
Is that what you mean?
JustaMin
Can you not just set the backgound of the source html file (the one in the frame) to #000?
Chris Tiaens
I think it's impossible in IE, but you could just change the file's backgroundcolor like JustaMin said. If it's important to be able to change this from the main page, you should use javascript's frames methods.
RadioPunker
Yeah.. just change the background color of the page your have in iframe. 0_o
Marston
PHP could work too, I mean Javascript isn't the only possible alternative here...
Summer
Quote:
PHP could work too, I mean Javascript isn't the only possible alternative here...

Yes , but Im making a template , and not all the user has php in their server .

Quote:
Can you not just set the backgound of the source html file (the one in the frame) to #000?

Quote:
I think it's impossible in IE, but you could just change the file's backgroundcolor like JustaMin said. If it's important to be able to change this from the main page, you should use javascript's frames methods.

Thanks .

Quote:

Second:
<iframe id="Iframe1">

Javascript:
document.GetElementById["iframe1"].src="source.htm";
Or something like that.
Is that what you mean?

But I want a external .js file that function like iframe , cause i can't change th bgcolor of iframe , so i think maybe javascript can be a better one . Any idea ?