FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

my Portfolio site

tingkagol
Just finished this raw layout this morning. I was wondering what you guys think about it. Please suggest anything to improve it. The content is still not finished, so it may appear rather blank and the links may still not work.

http://usc-ece.asturhost.net/portfolio/index.html

oops, I'm sorry. It seems I posted this on the wrong forum. Mods please delete. thanks. Smile
Naif
Good work! The design of the site has been very well done. And the colors you have used are in harmony. Smile

I will be checking out the other sites you have made soon. Will bookmark your homepage. All the best
pudovkin
I liked a lot the color choices and textures.
The fact you put your photo (with warm colors) inside a cold layout looked really nice.

I would make me the menu a little narrower and make the main column a little wider. And, perhaps, for the textures, use some trees and leaves. Smile
Arcath
Very good layout, love the colors
tingkagol
Thanks for the comments people. Smile I deeply appreciate it. Still haven't finished the site, haven't got the time. But I'll see what I can do with the menu.

Cheers!
Aimewitue
i have an 404 error ! Sad
boocherry
I like the design but i think there are too many rough edges. maybe try smoothing and rounding the conrs off to give it a more pleasing look.
Dark_Jedi06
That is an excellent design. Not only is it easy to follow, but it's compact.

I don't really have a suggestions...once again, great job. Very Happy
dreamshunter
i love your design, congratulations!!!!

it's very simple and beautifull, finish it, great job.

good election of the colors too, very profesional. Very Happy
rockinxxl
The design is clean and simple, but you may want to move the text on the left-most tables over to the left more, as they are hanging close to the edge of your background image, most obvious in the links under "Online Websites".

You may also want to create more of a padding on the right of the text in your headers, for they are pressed right up against the edge, creating too immediate of a seperation.
Sappho
Nice.

Just one thing, i wonder why no one mentioned it yet, its about the color of the main text in the middle, there is not enough contrast and at some parts its unreadable when the grey text is on top of the grey areas with the noise textures in background.
rockinxxl
I didn't find the grey-on-grey distracting at all; the two values are noticeably different when reading.
tingkagol
Thank you guys for the comments and suggestions. Smile I still haven't finished the site though... I'm pretty busy with work.

Yeah, I see the left most column's text is almost on the edge. Problem is, if I redo that, I'll have to redo the entire page in photoshop. lol. I'll just put some padding maybe. Smile Thanks again!

Cheers!
misterdimiz
Good graphic, good colors, good layout... good work
I really like it. Very Happy
todabeat
Listen, there ain't nothing better than a designs that is just clean and simple, and the navegation can't get smoother than that.

Suggestions: On the 'Online Links' I wouldn't add the 'http:// or the www' just put the site's name and link it properly. Other than that is looke pretty damn good. Good job man.
albusa
wow amazing beautiful
Alie
You don't have much content on the site, so you can resize your header and make your table larger. It looks like a bit tiny... Wink
GTA
albusa wrote:
wow amazing beautiful

Shocked
Yes its great job
i like you congratulations
nice colors
foggy
Moving to the "Advertise your site" forum.