FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Name servers...

ashok
I've parked the domain www.ashkool.com with ash.frihost.net using nameservers as

ns1.frihost.net - 216.32.68.250
ns2.frihost.net - 216.32.68.251

and it was parked sucessfully. recently i unparked it. yesterday i again updated the domain's nameservers back to above servers, and after 1 hour i got the confirmation mail from my domain registrar that the nameservers have been updated successfully. Now, when i'm trying to park the domain from my cpanel, it says ashkool.com is owned by another user.

What to do???
eepman
When you make a lot of changes quickly it make take up to 24 hours before they do take affect even after youve gotten the email.
Id just wait a while and see. Hope this helped. Wink
Bondings
I just looked at the settings and the domains seems to be free. Please look if the domain isn't listed under addon domains or parked domains and try again. If it still gives the same error, then I'll try to have a closer look at it.
ashok
jst came to home.. checked the domain.

it still says ashkool.com is owned by another user...

Bondings plz help me out...
ashok
I tried to add ashkool.com as an add-on domain just now. It says:

Addon Domain Maintenance

Quote:
Addon Domain Additions

Bind reloading on host using rndc zone: [ash.frihost.net] The subdomain, ashkool.ash.frihost.net has been added.

ashkool.com is owned by another user.

Removed Entry from httpd.conf The subdomain, ashkool.ash.frihost.net has been removed.

ashkool.com could not be setup. The subdomain ashkool.ash.frihost.net was not setup either.

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Bondings
I changed a few things now. Could you try again?
ashok
whoa!!! great it's working! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Quote:
Addon Domain Maintenance

Addon Domain Additions

Bind reloading on host using rndc zone: [ash.frihost.net] The subdomain, ashkool.ash.frihost.net has been added.

Bind reconfiguring on host using rndc
Created DNS entry for ashkool.com

Setup Mail forward ashkool.com -> ashkool.ash.frihost.net
Setup ashkool.com OK
Adding httpd.conf entry for ashkool.com to point to ashkool.ash.frihost.net
Syncing Ftp Databases....Done

ashkool.com has been setup. It can be accessed via the subdomain ashkool.ash.frihost.net. FTP access has been granted.

Thank u very much bondings, thanx a lot. By the way can i know what happend? is it becoz of changing the nameservers so many times? Wink
Bondings
There was an error in the dns settings. The domain wasn't removed from a file last time and blocked the whole named on the server.
ashok
Is it because that i did parking and unparking domain more than one time?
Bondings
ashok wrote:
Is it because that i did parking and unparking domain more than one time?

First of all, it's not your fault. The server most likely just forgot to remove it when you unparked the domain.
ashok
thanx a looot for the quik replies and for the fast support. Frihost rocks!! thank u very much. I think this thread can be closed now. i got all my doubts cleared. Very Happy